Professional waxing?

hnaoto

When i have extra time i'll brazillian wax myself. Lmao that sounded wrong. I use SurgiWax, the kind that doesn't come with strips, you just rip the wax off. Anyways i've never had it done professionally & doing it myself takes too long (i take forever doing the insides, it kills! The top doesn't bother me). I called a local salon & after i made an appointment i asked what the price was... $70! Needless to say i cancelled a couple days later. Is that price really worth it?

kimmae17

i go to a spa where it is $60 and it was worth EVERY PENNY. the lady i go to is sooo good. she uses the wax u just rip off as well, no strips. it used to be $45 and even going up to $60 i still go. she does it so fast that its worth it. if i tried to do it myself it woudl be torture.

RoseyPosey

I think when i used to go it was 60. seriously, i would do it myself if i still waxed. so what if it takes extra time, you save a ton of money!!!!

hnaoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmae17
i go to a spa where it is $60 and it was worth EVERY PENNY. the lady i go to is sooo good. she uses the wax u just rip off as well, no strips. it used to be $45 and even going up to $60 i still go. she does it so fast that its worth it. if i tried to do it myself it woudl be torture.

How often do you have to go back? I could do it once in a while but 60/month is crazy. I need a boyfriend with money
greengrin.gif

Chikky

Depends on your hair growth. Once you start getting it done, you really have to go less and less often. Three or four weeks is pretty normal for time between waxes.

Oh, and our salon starts at $50 for a brazilian.

kaliraksha

Well, if you can find a reputable source... you can find a beauty school in your area that does it for cheaper and look for reviews for a stylist (?hehe) that is near the end of her training or just good at what she does. There is a beauty school here that my friend goes to that will wax any 3 areas for 50 dollars. So she gets her eyebrows, legs and bikini done. She has yet to have a problem with them.

ashleydawn

Anyone from central Jersey have a rec for a good brazilian? I went someplace random before and it was awful! The woman had no idea what she was doing.

Kayteuk

Big glass of wine, some local anesthetic cream with antibiotics, and wax away....Trust me, the more drunk you get the more daring you get so be careful.

I am too broke to go to a beautician right now!

MissMochaXOXO

i do it myself too. i use sally hansens wax strips and they work perfect for me! even if i had tons of money i'd still do it myself. its really convenient and comfortable for me
smiles.gif