Prom collection?

mjalomo

I am sooo sorry if this information is somewhere and I missed it;I really did search. Is there going to be a prom collection this year? Does anyone know the approximate date? My daughter will be attending her first prom, and I am dying to buy her first MAC.

RoCk_StAr_GiRl

I dont know but I had a Mac MA do my makeup for my high school prom. It looked amazing
greengrin.gif

tinagrzela

I think the prom collection is heatherette...2 years ago it was sweetie cake, last year was Barbie and I think this year is heatherette.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinagrzela
I think the prom collection is heatherette...2 years ago it was sweetie cake, last year was Barbie and I think this year is heatherette.

sweetie cakes was a prom collection. barbie wasn't. and neither is heatherette.

aziajs

Wasn't Balloonacy last year's prom collection?

As for this year, I wonder the same thing. With all the Heatherette and Fafi excitement we haven't heard much else. I wonder if there will be one this year.

SMMY

I don't think Balloonacy or Sweetie Cakes (the last two prom collections) were that successful, so maybe MAC has discontinued doing these sort of collections?

nunu

Sorry to sound like an idiot byt what does the prom collection mean? i know that prom is an event we go to once we graduate but does it mean that MAC does actuall copllection for prom?

TIA

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Wasn't Balloonacy last year's prom collection?

As for this year, I wonder the same thing. With all the Heatherette and Fafi excitement we haven't heard much else. I wonder if there will be one this year.

sweetie cakes technically was a prom collection and people associated it with prom based on the colors, promo image and release date. this wasn't repeated with balloonacy (even tho it was the anniversary to sweetie cakes), because that collection was based on "street" trends. and heatherette is another anniversary collection.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Beau was the "prom" collection prior to Sweetie Cake.

but beau was a nordie's exclusive and released a season later than the others, so i wouldn't count that. but that's just me.
th_dunno.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Heatherette is the anniversary to Balloonacy right? Because I notice the nail lacquers, the inclusion of glitter pencils, as well as two LE cheek colors.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Heatherette is the anniversary to Balloonacy right? Because I notice the nail lacquers, the inclusion of glitter pencils, as well as two LE cheek colors.

yeppers! it's the anniversary collection.

cuteymcpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynanne
I had no idea they did prom collections. Learn something everyday!

i didnt know they were actual prom collections either

rad

erine1881

sweetie cakes was the only collection promoted as a prom collection. all the others just came out around the same time a year later. those weren't prom collections.