purple eyes?

jane123

hey everyone. this is my first post by the way. i just came across this forum cuz im looking for some mac help and this looked good. anyways...i went to mac the other day and asked for a purple eyed look. the lady recommended these colors;

lid- satin taupe
crease- shale
brow- shroom

eyeliner- prunella

when i tried it on it didnt really look purple to me...it looked more like a smokey eye look. what do u all think? is it just me or are those purple colors?

Amethyst_beauty

Hmmm...the only "purple" in that list is shale....I think the look she recommended is more "smokey eye" than "purple eye"....

Amethyst_beauty

Forgot to ask...

Are you looking for casual purple (light colors w/dark crease) or dramatic purple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane123
hey everyone. this is my first post by the way. i just came across this forum cuz im looking for some mac help and this looked good. anyways...i went to mac the other day and asked for a purple eyed look. the lady recommended these colors;

lid- satin taupe
crease- shale
brow- shroom

eyeliner- prunella

when i tried it on it didnt really look purple to me...it looked more like a smokey eye look. what do u all think? is it just me or are those purple colors?

Amethyst_beauty

Quote:
if anyone can recommend some casual purple eyes id really appreciate it!

Beautiful Iris on lid & 2/3 of crease-to-brow*
Shale in crease & outer 1/3 of lid AND smudged under lower lashes
Crystal on inner 1/3 of lid & under entire brow (blend well with Shale & Beautiful Iris)
Macroviolet fluidline outer 1/3 of upper lashline and bottom 2/3 of lower lashline

*Beautiful Iris would be your "base" color everywhere except directly under the brow

jane123

thanks for your help!

i hope this isnt too much to ask...but im not very good with make up yet...im just starting to wear more. i need a blush, lipliner, lipstick and lipgloss to go over it. what colors would go well with the purple eyes? thanks so much for any responses!

scrapbookromance

Quote:
thanks for your help!

i hope this isnt too much to ask...but im not very good with make up yet...im just starting to wear more. i need a blush, lipliner, lipstick and lipgloss to go over it. what colors would go well with the purple eyes? thanks so much for any responses!

if you do the eye look that you like, go to MAC and talk to someone about what blush and lip colors would look good with it - just wear chapstick when you go in so they can see what they're working with!!

xstephax

some other purples you could check/try out:

plum dressing
creme de violet
parfait amour
idol eyes

some of them might look a little bright or shocking but as long as you don't pile the colour on & blend them well so the colours aren't too intense, they could work for a casual look.

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst_beauty
Beautiful Iris on lid & 2/3 of crease-to-brow*
Shale in crease & outer 1/3 of lid AND smudged under lower lashes
Crystal on inner 1/3 of lid & under entire brow (blend well with Shale & Beautiful Iris)
Macroviolet fluidline outer 1/3 of upper lashline and bottom 2/3 of lower lashline

*Beautiful Iris would be your "base" color everywhere except directly under the brow

Amethyst: That's a great look!!! How appropriate that you (Amethyst
smiles.gif
) should be recc'ing a purple look!!!!!:thumbsup: