• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Purple Haze [First Turtorial] **Pic Heavy

[Tee]lh

This is my first post so bare with me. I also may do things alittle out of order, but its what works for me so please enjoy. Any tips are also welcomed. Thanks!!
smiles.gif

Everything used to create this look:

24oun2u.jpg

I already applied my foundation and powder using Lorel's True Match:

2qcfn6u.jpg

Next I applied a loose powder under my eyes to catch any fall out from the eyeshadows [I used Cover Girl]:

2hmm2x5.jpg

Line the inner and upper portion of the upper lash with Almay's eyeliner crayon contour:

k97xe.jpg

mt3rx5.jpg

Now add an addition white liner using NYC white eyeliner pencil, overtop the black liner [For me this helps to high light the bottom portion of my lid]:

2mpg6q0.jpg

Apply Urban Decay's Primer Potion all over the lid, gently blending in the white liner:

2kqxra.jpg

Apply MAC's "Vanilla" from the inner corner to the middle of the lid with an eyeshadow brush of your choice [I used my Smashbox eyeshadow brush, part of the Rapture collection]:

hs5bhg.jpg

33o5j5h.jpg

21mb0r7.jpg

Now apply Urban Decay's "Flash" from the middle to the outter corner of the lid, once again using a brush of your choice:

13z6a80.jpg

rw5gs3.jpg

5k3ogp.jpg

Now take the darkest purple from Cover Girl's eye enhancer's set and blend in with "Flash", this will give it a darker look. I'd rather start off lighter and gradually make it darker then to start off darker and try to make it lighter:

2dt2lbr.jpg

2u799jc.jpg

2mhde92.jpg

Take "Flash" with a blending brush, I used the one from my Smashbox collection, and begin to blend flash into the "Vanilla" and darker purple:

2gujbzb.jpg

25aq1qr.jpg

21bvfvo.jpg

Now use MAC's "Nehru" with a contour brush, and begin to blend into the outter "V", making the eye look alittle more smokier on the ends:

24n0hvl.jpg

2nncza.jpg

28vv9d1.jpg

Using MAC's "Vanilla" again, with a blending brush, hilight the brow bone also slightly blending the edges:

11t4ubk.jpg

1621tvo.jpg

11kjgyc.jpg

Now take "Vanilla" again, using a thin tipped brush [I acutally think mine is meant for the lips, but it works good for this part lol] and high lights right about the lashes:

ajxbmv.jpg

11vnsqo.jpg

Now its time for liquid eyeliner, I'm using Almay's, I line just the upper lid. You can make the line as thin or a thick as you'd like, thats a personal preference. You also may need to wipe off the lashes afterwards with your fingers, sometimes liquid eyeliner can be a bit messy:

67s7f8.jpg

29as8kg.jpg

If your line isn't perfect, thats okay. Take "Vanilla" with a small angeled brush and slowly fix any imperfections but just lining over top of them until your line looks straight:

2a7fl3b.jpg

o9l15j.jpg

Next line the lower lashes with white eyeliner on under the lashes and black inside the lashes:

2n0pp1z.jpg

Use "Vanilla", "Flash", Cover Girls dark purple, and "Nehru" overtop of the white liner, starting with "Vanilla" on the inner corner first. You are using the same color scheme and concept as the upper lid, blending as you go along:

3151t0m.jpg

o0bbwm.jpg

Mascara time. I use Cover Girl's Lash Blast for the first coat, and then apply L'oreal's Clean Definition Telescopic in as many coats as you would like. I like to achieve thicker lashes so I applied around 3 or 4 coats. Don't forget to do the bottom lashes as well:

358cil5.jpg

30tq4ax.jpg

And this is what you should get in the end:

dm7961.jpg

I also used Urban Decy's "Ransom" during some of the blending:

6iz9rs.jpg

Sorry if I didnt describe everything out too great, this is my first time. But I hope I could still help you out.
th_DANCE.gif

jaclynashley

Super pretty !
smiles.gif

I love how you mixed in drug store with higher end brands.
I may need vanilla after this since you used it so much and it doesn't look chalky like I thought it would look on me.

NicksWifey

You are gorgeous! The eyes, the skin, everything!
smiles.gif
Those purples look awesome with your eyes. Great first tut!
winks.gif