Question about Acrylic nails

SomethingLovely

I just had a full set done sealed with gel on top. I was wondering if there is anyway possible I can change my nail polish without removing the tips. Its my first time getting my nails done and I just can not see myself going to the shop just to change my polish. Any advice would be appreciated...thanks!

TISH1124

Just use non acetone polish remover to take the color you have on off and repaint them with the color you want to change them to ....

I might be misunderstanding the question however

gildedangel

Yes, you can remove the polish on the acrylics and paint over them, but you will need to get those refilled when your nails grow too long! Nail polish looks WAY better on acrylic nails IMO.

rockin26

^^Agreed. I've had acrylics on and off for about 6 years and I much prefer the way nail polish looks on the acrylics and it lasts longer without chipping.

Like TISH said, make sure it's a non acetone nail polish remover or it will eat into the acrylic.

SomethingLovely

Ok cool. I figured I was possible to do so...I was just worried about the gel coating on top. So it'll be ok to use the non acetone polish remover on the gel coating too? [Thanks for the responses!]

MsChrys79

ok, let me make sure I understand... after they polished your nails they brushed the gel on top to keep the polish from coming off right?? if that's the case no you cannot remove the gel with nail polish remover...I have this done every 2 weeks and the only way I can change the polish is to go to them... the gel has to be drilled off. remember the gel is a sealant...

BEA2LS

I think you can paint on top of the gel and than if you want you can take that polish off and have the original color underneath
smiles.gif