question about "Hug Me" & "Jubilee"

shimpaniac

Hello!!
wavey.gif

i really need ur help,girls...im NC 35/37,dark hair,dark eyes,golden skin with yellow underones...

Im very fussy with lip colours,and time and again,i find myself coming back to pinky beigy peachy neutrals...(i mean i dont know how else to describe vivaglam 5.
hmm.gif
)
and i do NOT mean orangey wen i say "peachy".

The only colours that have ever appealed to me at MAC are midimauve and vivaglam 5.And honestly even with VG, i have to use a nude liner, coz otherwise the "finish" is too dull and undefined.Beiges generally wash me out...Read:make me look totally anaemic...
dark colours so do nottt strike my fancy nowadays and i think just seem to make me look older.

The other day i went for a few lipstiks for my mom and i chanced upon "jubilee" and "hug me".Now here's the weird part.Once before wen id tried hug me, it had seemed very peachy coral on me.And voila!!! this time around, it actually seemed to make me look kind of kind of "fresh"...kind of...not verryyy...and jubilee seemed to be a pretty medium pink neutral.Very subtle but not at all pasty!!I was amazed that i hadnt noticed these two before.
Now, since i DO NOT trust the MAC lighting, could it be the lights that made them look good???maybe i just saw them in that deceptive light...and sunlight is the real thing???
the MA said they looked good, but i generally do not believe all they say and ive generalllyyy not had too many pleasant experiences with some unfriendly MA's...
th_remoteImage-61.gif

I mean ive returned about a dozn things that i hadnt bothered to see in daylight,so i certainly dont want to go back with these again...

so...are these shades generally flattering on my skin tone...or no??i mean if jubilee could look that amazing on me, i wonder why it doesnt get too many rave reviews by you guys...:confused: Could anyone describe the real colours for me plzzz?
Keep in mind plzz that i HATE oranges,corals,or colours that make me look like a corpse.
thanx!!!!
p.s....one more qs...do u think the online swatches of both colours do them justice???

me_jelly

Hi there,
Hug me is my HG neutral - I'm EXTREMELY picky about nude lippies since I find most of them don't work on my medium pigmented lips - I'm also NC 35 with similar features and it's the only neutral that looks "naturally nude" on me instead of milky/corpse-looking and thick/uneven like a lot of neutrals - so definitely get that one if you are looking for a perfect nude - now hug me has more pink undertones than peach.

I tried jubilee last time I was at MAC and ended up not getting it - I didn't like it nearly as much as hug me and when I went out into the natural light after shopping, it just didn't look like a naturally flushed nude lippie to me - just my personal opinion though.

franimal

hug me, hush, and jubilee are my favorite nude lipsticks of all time! I'm NC40, similar features.

shimpaniac

honestly, u sounded very convincing,and i loved the description ...uneven/thick...perfectly describes the millions of so-called nudes ive come across...
smiles.gif

thank goodness theres someone else out there who's picky with lipstiks too...
cheerleader.gif

ill give both a try this time around...thanx a gazillion!!