Question about Mac Fluidlines

sandsonik

I haven't tried this product yet, but I want to. I do have Clinique brush on cream liner in Black Honey. If anyone's tried both, I was wondering how the consistency and application of fluidlines compares to that product? Are fluidlines more liquid than that?

DaizyDeath

ive never tried the clinque product but fluid lines are more of a paste consistancey so when you put it on the brush it sticks right on you can wipe off extra back onto the side of the glass jar.

I suggest just going to your local mac counter and trying them out to see if you like it or not. i know i love mine!

sandsonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
ive never tried the clinque product but fluid lines are more of a paste consistancey so when you put it on the brush it sticks right on you can wipe off extra back onto the side of the glass jar.

Actually, that sounds a lot like my black honey. It can be a little chunky and I have to wipe the excess onto the edge of the jar - but I love the little bit of sparkle in it and the way it can look brown or plum depending on how you apply it. But I'm still trying to master applying it, it can be tricky! Do fluidlines dry out? That's one thing I worry about with the Black Honey; it's new so I don't know yet but I worry this jar will get hard before I use it all!

attacuswings

I remember reading that Fluidlines can dry out if you don't close the jar tightly. As long as you screw it on really tight you should be okay.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik
Actually, that sounds a lot like my black honey. It can be a little chunky and I have to wipe the excess onto the edge of the jar

Just to clarify, it doesn't stick to the brush becase it gets chunky-dry, just that a bit more than you'd like may be on the brush. They're actually quite creamy and moist.

Fluidlines can dry out but that's mostly if you don't screw the top back on tight, or if it's one you use a lot, but even then I don't think it completely dries out on you.

Give 'em a try, I'm sure you'd love them!

Colorqueen

I have every FL ever released, many of them fromthe first day of release.

None of them have dried out and I use them as eyeshadows all of the time as well as liner.

I have only hit the near end of Frostlite because I use it the most as a base.

Great stuff, but eyeshadow only works with the 242 brush- otherwise it is too blotchy.