question about SMASHBOX PHOTO FINISH

marreyes38

As some of you may know im quite the
noob.gif
at the whole make up thing...i've improve quite a bit and i hope to be posting FOTD's soon...

Anyways, i have a hard time getting my foundation to stay on my face the whole day and getting that soft smooth finish. I was wondering if i should get that smashbox photo finish. Is it gonna help me with that nice finish and keep my make up lasting all day???

SHOULD I BUY IT, or is there any other primers out there you guys can recommend??? Photo finish is a bit expensive but if it does the job ill be happy to buy it.

THANX FOR YOUR HELP
-Marisol

janwa09

Smashbox Photo Finish is what I use and I love it...so yes you should buy it! I even like it better than MAC Prep+Prime.

pinkstar

I have it, but I don't care for it.

On that note, my skin is great, so I haven't had the need for a primer & my makeup lasts without it anyways.

baybehbekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Smashbox primer does work well, for me though it made me break out
ssad.gif
If you want a cheaper alternative, try Monistat Chafing Gel. It's the exact same thing, but about $30.00 cheaper. Here is a thread about it: http://specktra.net/f167/smashbox-ph...ing-gel-78196/

you should try the primer light, it is beautiful and great for sensitive skin thats prone to break outs
smiles.gif

i work for smashbox and i had no idea about this chafing gel, i am gonna check that out!

corngrl2

I really like smashbox's primer. You only need a tiny bit so it lasts a while. It is pricey, but I would wait for a QVC tsv...they almost always have a primer in their kits and sell for around $50....so you get a full size primer and a box of makeup..pretty good deal.

alien21xx

I have all sorts of foundation primers. I think Smashbox Photo Finish, Photo Finish Light and Photo Finish with Dermaxyl all work very well for my combination/oily skin in keeping my make-up on my face. But in preventing the oil slicks from coming on, they're not what I'd really pick as I find that 4 hours into the day, my T-zone is already hella shiny.

baybehbekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by genie707
is it good for oily skin?

it isn't bad for oily skin but if you don't like anything heavy on your face you'll probably want to try the photo finish primer in light, it works just as good but isn't has heavy feeling and better for skin that is oily or tends to break out.

baybehbekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by genie707
is it good for oily skin?

it isn't bad for oily skin but if you don't like anything heavy on your face you'll probably want to try the photo finish primer in light, it works just as good but isn't as heavy feeling and better for skin that is oily or tends to break out.

rbella

I have horrible problem with oily skin and breakouts. Primers just make it worse for me. I find that the more crap I put on my face, the more I have a tendency to breakout. I swear by La Roche Posay's Toleraine Fluide Foundation. It doesn't break me out and I only have to use an oil blotting sheet one time a day. Hallelujah!!

I agree with the poster who said to use chafing gel if you want to try it. It is the same exact thing. Make sure you get the gel and not the creme!!!!

Kuuipo

I like Photofinish because it spackles over my lines. I don't have crows feet, I have Hawks feet! (I smile all the time!
yes.gif
) I've bought the NARS Primer a few times-it keeps makeup on, but it didn't spackle my face as well as Photofinish. The one with Dermoxyl was greasy looking! Benefit's Dr Feelgood did not work for me at all.....neither did Prep and Prime. I do use NARS Brightening Serum from time to time-it has as much dimethicone as any prime,light diffusers, antioxidants, and it is very lightweight.
If wrinkles are not a problem-go for lightweight. If you need to be spackled over-go for the regular Photofinish, the tinted Photofinish, or MUFE bases (which are really excellent for spackling and color correcting.
If you are in are being photographed alot, avoid the SPF products because they distort on camera.

pahblov

Sephora also makes a primer that has almost exactly the same ingredients as Photo Finish for a much lower price

Shimmer

Tarte's Clean Slate Primer is a 'lightweight' version of Smashbox Photofinish, and I am really impressed with it. I wrote about it here if you're interested.
smiles.gif

anaibb

As Smashbox was kind of expensive, I requested a sampla at my local Sephora. I really liked it although I have combination skin and it wasn't the oil free formula. But then, I found out that Sephora also has it under their own brand and I tried it. May I say that I couldn't see much of a difference, so I'm now using the one from Sephora.

glam8babe

ive been using photofinish primer since about may and i do love it! Its helped my makeup look better, last longer and glide on easier. I must say its really worth buying a primer, theres so many different brands out there that do them but ive only tried the smashbox one