Question and a random rant

l1onqueen

Two things:

First, my MA (whom I really like, and she does great work) came into my office today. She didnt know that I worked there, and I dont know if she was just surprised to see me but, she looks at me all shocked and says "You aren't wearing any makeup?!" Not in a shocked way, but in a OMG I cant believe you walked outta the house looking like that way. I kinda laughed it off, but I was offended. I'm not sure what to think or do. ANy suggestions?

Second, Does anyone wear makeup to the hair salon? It kinda seems silly to me to do a full face when you know you are getting a relaxer/shampoo. I normally dont wear makeup to the salon, but after the episode with my ma, maybe I should! IDK somehow I think I would be embarrased about the foundation getting all the towels the hairdresser uses...is that weird? Am I being weird?

Hilly

I actually shower, do my makeup, and show up at the salon. lol..always gotta have a nice face of makeup to go with my new hair do!

Mabelle

i do minimal makeup.
maybe a highlight. mascara. blush and gloss.

As for your MA... i prob. wouldnt say anything. If you really want to let her know that it upset you could make a comment like "don't worry. Didnt want to scare you, im wearing makeup today!" but say it in a half joking tone. she might pick up, and might not.

Beauty Mark

I do my makeup before I leave, save for mascara.

I think she may not have realize how she said what she said. Some people just don't think

iadoremac

I'm sure she didnt mean any harm she is probably just used to seeing you with make up thats all. I always wear makeup to the salon ....... no point having a new hair do without the make up to compliment it.

minni4bebe

The way I look at it, you're paying tons of money to get ur hair done. A made up face will only make getting your hair done a hundred times better! Screw the towels. You're not the only person who has gotten foundation on them! And as for ur MA, she is prob. just used to seeing you with makeup! Doubt she meant it in a bad way!

stacylynne

I don't think ur MA meant any harm by it. I think she's just use to you wearing makeup & you cought her off guard.

I don't wear makeup @ the salon either.
Don't sweat it. Blow it off

chocolategoddes

If you're going to get hair clipping, products, water, and direct heat on your face, why bother wearing makeup?

And you're putting to much thought into the MA comment. I doubt she meant it to offend you. She probably didn't know it would come off that way.
smiles.gif

MiCHiE

^I agree w/both of the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1onqueen
It kinda seems silly to me to do a full face when you know you are getting a relaxer/shampoo.

I hear ya, loud and clear. I wouldn't want my makeup transferring to the towels, either. But, also, if your stylist bases your hairline, your foundation is going to ruined during that process and in the rinse. I would do something light on the face (if anything), a Carmindy "What Not To Wear" shimmer to the inner corner and highlight, mascara, a little blush and gloss or lipstick.

autumnschild

pstch now why would i wear makeup to get a haircut? unless i'm already doing something that day like working or going/hanging out in general. but specifically to look good for some random salon person? not that big of a deal to me.

as for your ma, she probably is just used to seeing you with a full-face of makeup and nothing else, heh. i'm sure she didn't mean it the way you thought.
smiles.gif

florabundance

Sometimes I do wear make up in situations where it wouldn't normally call for it, but whatever. I don't really see it as something for anyone to really comment on. That said, I don't think MA was being nasty (obviously none of us heard her tone or whatever in the way that you did)..but it's probably that she recognized you, so she addressed you within the context that she knows you to begin with - make up.

user79

I usually get my hair cut after work in the evenings so I'll be rocking whatever makeup I wore that day, absolutely nothing fancy and usually half wearing off by that point anyway.

vocaltest

I work in a hairdressers & most people wear make up. I dunno... I don't really think about it to be honest, but most people do. Maybe not a full face all the time but most do.
Don't worry about getting foundation on the towels... remember theres worse things... tint, bleach, perm lotions lol. If I didn't work at my salon then I still would wear make up... people go to a salon to relax, feel comfortable etc, you may as well look your best and feel great whilst you're at it. Maybe not wear foundation or lots of if you're getting your hair tinted incase you have to use stain remover on your forehead etc otherwise you'll be left with a foundation line right across your head... not pretty!

Lauren1981

it may not have been an insult. she could just be surprised to see you with no makeup on. i already know if i came to work tomorrow with no makeup on i'd get a bunch of hard ass stares and not necessarily because they maybe think i look like sh*t w/o it but because in my 17 months of working here i ALWAYS have on makeup.
and the salon thing?? no i don't think you're crazy for putting it on. my godmother puts on foundation and a little mascara before she goes anywhere, including the salon. i never used to do it just simply because all the dumb shit always happens to me (i.e. some soapy water running down my face and washing all my makeup into my eyes and burning the shit out of them. lol!!)

aleksis210

Don't feel bad, maybe she is just used to seeing you wear makeup to the mall. Oh and I NEVER wear makeup to the salon...I thought I was the only one!

CantAffordMAC

Maybe she didnt mean it like that? Maybe she is just so used to seeing u with alot of makeup...or maybe she was being a bitch. LoL either way I wouldnt take it too serious. Just go to her for what u need at MAC, and keep it on a "transaction" level
shrugs.gif

I work in a salon and when Im just there to get my hair done, sometimes I wear makeup...sometimes I dont. It doesnt matter to me but I do love wearing makeup, I love the way I look with makeup and I love feeling like, ooooooh I have my hair and makeup done. But thats just me. And its all about personal preference I think