Question: Do you prefer to do small mini hauls spread out or really large once in a while hauls?

d-girl

Question: Do you prefer to do small mini hauls spread out or really large once in a while hauls?

I prefer to do large hauls all at once, but there is something nice about buying little pick me ups every once in a while. Just curious what most other people prefer.

Also, as a PSA I had a mini haul at Target yesterday since they had a bunch of stuff on clearance. Sorry, no pics, but definitely worth checking out your local target to see if this stuff is on clearance:

Ecotools Foundation Brush $2.50
Sonia Kashuk Rockstar Nailpolish $2.50
Sonia Kashuk Indigo Gel Liner $4.50

LittleMaryJane

I agree, I like to do large hauls. I get more of a shopping high so to speak if I'm like "look at all my stuffs!" haha. Plus, I like to do haul posts on my blog and it makes it easier/more interesting if it's a big haul versus a million little tiny hauls.

mistella

I used to do laaarge hauls but I've learned to only buy what I need and I tend to reach for the same things that I love and use everyday so I dont shop as much anymore. It almost felt too gluttonous. I love buying one or two things every once in a while, it feels like such a mini treat and I appreciate it more

Alisha1

It depends on the products I mean if there limited Edition I'm kinda forced to do large hauls but I prefer to spread out my money spending (wasting) habits and mini-haul every week. Also because I like to research beauty products (see swatches, read reviews etc...) which means I kinda have to wait to buy a product (and carry out my organised-splurges)
amuse.gif

StarrySim

I like it mix it up. I try to not get caught up in collections, and rarely buy things at full price. So if there's a great sale or promo, then I'll do a larger haul (like when The Bay had all Too Faced on clearance for 50% off, or when Physicians Formula is 40% off at the drugstore). Otherwise, I enjoy picking up just one or two things from new MAC collections every few months. My really huge hauls happen at the Toronto MAC Warehouse sale - I've been known to drop $300, but that means I get like $600 worth of stuff. I don't do that much anymore - only because I already have everything I want from the warehouse! lol Oh, and my favourite hauls are when I redeem Shoppers Optimum points - that's a value of ~$200 at a time, all for free, and usually includes lots of Dior :)

JennsJewelz

Lol, I love the Optimum Point hauls, too! :p For me, I sort of "schedule" in my hauls for 1-2 times a month, and it's all budgeted... if there's something I want from a new collection I'll get it then, and if I need re-fills of something or want to try something new, I might pick it up then a well. However, it is nice to splurge every once in a while on a big haul - for me, that was Venomous Villains!!! For Peacocky, it was lots of mini hauls over a short period of time, so it ended up being a drawn-out large haul... amazing for excitement, but made me feel guiltier about spending so much!!

Sequinzombie

Both! When i'm having a bad day/week it feels really nice to buy myself one or two things.
But nothing beats a bag full of LE mac.
pompom.gif

Sigh. I might have a makeup problem. haha

ElvenEyes

I like it mixed up! What I haul really depends on what I need or what I am looking for and how lucky I am in the process! Sometimes I hit it big and other times it is smaller or more about stuff like MU remover, brush cleanser, etc. But throw in a lippie and a rollerball perfume and I am in heaven!

imthebeesknees

I LOVE large hauls, it's fun to see your collection get bigger right before your eyes, lol. I am a total shop-aholic, so big hauls get me very excited! But the downside to doing large hauls is that you can't give all those new products as much attention as you would doing a small haul. When it comes to Mac I always leave with more than what I was planning on getting.

And I also do Shopper's hauls, I buy my drugstore basics (wipes, mascara, ect) in big hauls when the bonus points are offered. And I try to only buy when the bonus points are offered, since then I'll be able to get that $200 reward even quicker! :)

Mmm, all this talk of haul-age makes me want to go shopping right now!

evilpoptart

I tend to do smaller hauls every other week or so, because I am a broke med student and spending too much money at once gives me anxiety. I just had my exit loan counseling last night and about had a heart attack.

macnc50diva

I prefer smaller mini-hauls for the most part in every store except MAC. That place is so addictiing...Even when I'm working in there I'm constantly making a shopping list in my head. I always spend at least $200 per visit on replacements or things I've skipped on in the past. I am also only now getting into lipsticks and the limited edition collections so my wallet is always at risk in there. I have so much sales resistance but when it comes to them it's like my cryptonite!
thud.gif

LC

a "haul" to me suggests buying a lot...as in, a truck "hauling" a large load

if i buy just a few items, i dont consider it a haul

WhatWouldJoanDo

I like to get one or two things, leave some behind, go back another day and get the item left or choose something else. There is always something new and I shop more than I buy; I like the editing and leaving something for later, to look forward to :)