Question for Canadian MAC employees...

annrose

If you work at The Bay (counter), are you able to use your discount at freestanding and pro stores?

Also, if you work at a freestanding store, can you use your discount for MAC stuff at The Bay? I'm just asking this last one cause I was wondering if freelance employees can buy stuff that's LE for The Bay counters with their discount.

Thanks!

shabdebaz

MAC employees can use their employee discount card at any freestanding MAC store worldwide...it has to be a store though, no counters. Thus, we can't get a discount for stuff exclusive to The Bay. Freelancers, unfortunately, do not get a discount.

unalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv
What is THE BAY i hear canadians talking about?

The Bay is actually "The Hudson's Bay Company", which is the oldest commercial corporation in North America and one of the oldest in the world.

Basically, it's a department store.

koolmnbv

ahhhh i gotcha now ..thx I pictured it like the grand canyon of Canada and they sell MAC at little stands near the water. I am such a moron I know! LOL

annrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabdebaz
MAC employees can use their employee discount card at any freestanding MAC store worldwide...it has to be a store though, no counters. Thus, we can't get a discount for stuff exclusive to The Bay. Freelancers, unfortunately, do not get a discount.

Thanks for all the help! Whoops, I meant to say "employees at freestanding stores" not "freelance employees". But I understand what you mean. So does that mean if you work at The Bay, you can't get discount at your own counter?

shabdebaz

Yeah, we have to go to one of the freestanding stores, the PRO store or the employee store (in the Markham offices campus). I think that is kind of good actually, 'cause I can't do any impulse buying this way!

annrose

Quote:
Yeah, we have to go to one of the freestanding stores, the PRO store or the employee store (in the Markham offices campus). I think that is kind of good actually, 'cause I can't do any impulse buying this way!

Thanks so much!

lol...I guess that is true, about the impulse shopping!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesa
how much is the discount for mac employees ?

I hear it's 60% off?
th_drool.gif

I have two questions myself:

1. What is the average starting wages for employees at Bay counter?

2. Would they hire if I'd like to cap my hours at around 16 because I'm still going to school?

I did a search for wages but only came up with the range for freelancers in the US, and if I believe that the starting is somehwere between $11-18, I know I'm delusional.
lol.gif

I'm asking because one MA was encouraging me, saying I've been improving (tho I really hope that wasn't lip service to get me to buy more!), so I thought I'd take a long shot and apply. If the starting wage isn't that great, tho, I'll go back to Starbucks where I've already earned a few raises.
sigh.gif
And I'm hoping the number of staff already at the counter will allow me less hours, but that's hoping too much, right?
ohboy.gif

FYI, I'm thinking of handing in my application this coming weekend when I pick up A Muse items. Let the adventure (and butterflies in the stomach) begin...

asraicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by annrose
Thanks for all the help! Whoops, I meant to say "employees at freestanding stores" not "freelance employees". But I understand what you mean. So does that mean if you work at The Bay, you can't get discount at your own counter?

i imagine you'd get a bay employee discount but not a mac employee discount

shabdebaz

Blahwah, let me just say that MAC pays well and I will leave it at that. Also, usually counters have a couple of 15 hour positions, so tell them that's what you are interested in. They really want people to have good weekend availability. This is a good time to be applying, because they start looking at resumes now for Christmas hiring.

BlahWah

Quote:
Blahwah, let me just say that MAC pays well and I will leave it at that. Also, usually counters have a couple of 15 hour positions, so tell them that's what you are interested in. They really want people to have good weekend availability. This is a good time to be applying, because they start looking at resumes now for Christmas hiring.

Great, thanks for the info shabdebaz! Sounds like my efforts won't be that much in vain.. =D

WalkieBit

Quote:

Do freelancers have to supply their own stuff then? Or will they supply you with their in-store (in-counter?) supplies?