Question for fellow MAC Artists

annrose

How long were you working for MAC when you did the PhD part of your Application Certification? I have only been w/MAC for a month and a half, I received my Focused Demo certification at Basic back in July, but my managers want me to go for the second part (PhD) at the end of August (which will be my two months as an employee). Is this too soon, or about the same time you guys did yours? I'm super nervous!
blush-anim-cl.gif

bellezzadolce

I would not be nervous, I was actually with the company almost a year before I went through certifications...the most important thing is to be sure to use good counter practices and watch your timing...I'm sure you'll be fine...good luck

giz2000

I did my PhD exactly 3 months after I was hired..I did get a few days' notice, so I managed to practice my lash application...on my husband (hey, there was no one else to practice on and he was a good sport about it!!). It wasn't as bad as you might think, and you usually end up having enough time to do everything. I actually did highlighting/contouring, lash and fashion show certification all on the same day as well (1 month after Phd).

Good luck!

MizMac

I did mine about 3 months in, did my ultimate beauty seminar at 6 months, contour/camo + fashion at 9 months. Our trainers where uber busy though. Good luck!!

annrose

Thanks everyone! I guess I'll just suck it up and go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
I did my PhD exactly 3 months after I was hired..I did get a few days' notice, so I managed to practice my lash application...on my husband (hey, there was no one else to practice on and he was a good sport about it!!). It wasn't as bad as you might think, and you usually end up having enough time to do everything. I actually did highlighting/contouring, lash and fashion show certification all on the same day as well (1 month after Phd).

Good luck!

lol! My bf has actually volunteered himself to practice lashes back when I was in school...maybe I'll take up his offer!
lol.gif

maxcat

You certify PHD and then full app cert in three months ususally... It's a peak hour demo - so half an hour to do your model's eyes with an eyechart - so I'm not sure that you need the lash application. The whole certification requirement should be in the book you got at training. Your store trainer should go over it with you... It's very much like a focused demo but with more points they want you to touch on. And the eyechart. Good luck, you'll be fine, I'm sure!!!

giz2000

Whoops! I realized that I messed up on my timeline....PHD was right away...full app certification (when you get your long MAC chain) was 3 months later...it was late, I had a glass of wine....you know....
graucho.gif

Thanks, Maxcat, for jogging my memory!

VeronikaJ

From what I can recall in my region, it all just depends on who will be in your store at what particular day (i.e. your trainer, etc). If you are already scheduled to get it out of the way- GO FOR IT! It's better to go through it earlier rather than wait and let it eat you up inside (nerves were always an issue with me). Anyway, if you do not get it the first time, you will have had good practice and know what they are looking for the next time around. It is my knowledge that there is no concrete timeline, the fact that you're slated to go early may be recognition by your retail manager that she thinks you are ready and fully capable-
clap.gif
GooD Luck

calbear

I did my focus demo at Basic (which took about three months to go to), PhD at the next Update I went to after training which was about a month and a half later. Then I did Application about two months later.

PhD was not as hard as I thought it would be - just watch your timing and keep talking (don't forget about your Viva Glam and recycling program info). Pick a simple look and don't forget your skincare. You got this girl ;-)