Question for those who own more than 1 of the same brush

cocodivatime

Which ones do you own multiples of and why?

I always read about people wanting back-ups or two of certain brushes and I was just curious why.

Of course I understand for the make-up artists. But what about the regular girls like me who just like makeup?

I have a 219 that I'm using more and I was just thinking that it would be nice if I had (2) because I really dirty it up when using it with black shadow. But is it really necessary? I could just wash it more I guess-- but I'm lazy

Anyway--with the sale going on now's a perfect time for me to buy more if I need it......but do I?? LOL
mac_haul.gif
nonono.gif

I'm just wondering about examples that might call for (2)

thanks!!

SuSana

I have:

3- 187's because it is the best brush ever. One for powder, one for blush & one to carry with me.

2- 217's, one for crease colors & one for highlights. Love this brush for my highlight.

2- 242's one for paint and one for shadow.

Those are the three I use every time I wear makeup and love all three.

ETA: 2- 239's for the same reasons Susanne said below.

Susanne

2 x 239 Best brush to apply e/s on the lid, use it with every look and don't want to clean it every time.

2 x 224 Best blending brush.

187 and a dupe - one for foundation and one for blush / MSF.

I also love to use my SE brushes with the regular ones.

angi

2 x 187 - One for home and one for my work bag

2 x 239 - for different significantly different colours

2 x 219 - it's worked out well as my 219s are completely different shapes. One has a rounder tip, perfect for wider, smudgy creases, while the other has a more precise 'pencil thin' tip, great for finer work.

2 x 129 - I used to use this brush a lot for powder products.

cocodivatime

Ok so its not unreasonable for me to buy (2) if I hate washing brushes all the time

I want another 219 and just put one in my cart when I realized that the nordstrom collection coming out will have one in their SE sized brush set. The SE's dont bother me like they do others so I think I'll wait for that

But then there's the 239 brush? Hmm. Should I get another while its on sale? That one gets incredibly dirty after only one use. I hate that. Hmmmm

MissResha

honestly, as much as i looove my 219, instead of getting a second, i'd get the Essence of Beauty crease duo brushes from CVS. that way you have 3 and one is slighter larger than the 1 its paired with, and the 219.

but i do see the need for 2 or more 239's, 217's, 242's, etc.

TISH1124

219-2
187-4
109-2
217-4
226-2
219-2
224-3
138-2
214-2
239-3
208-2
266-2
222-2
168-2
190-2
174-2

Reason.......I'm a Brush Whore

MissResha

TISH PLEASE SHOW US YOUR COLLECTION!!! i am DYING to see it, see?? i only got 6 weeks to live!!!

Mabelle

2 187 (one is SE) because they are so versatile. Great for foundation, msf, blushes, cream blushes
2 217 (one SE) it is the go to for eyes. Fantastic for the crease, great to dust on highlights, amazing to blend and defuse.
2 209 (one SE) I'm lazy and dont clean it as much as i should. My SE 209 has taken a beating.

Also, i travel a lot, so its nice to have a back up to cart around.

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
honestly, as much as i looove my 219, instead of getting a second, i'd get the Essence of Beauty crease duo brushes from CVS. that way you have 3 and one is slighter larger than the 1 its paired with, and the 219.

but i do see the need for 2 or more 239's, 217's, 242's, etc.

Oh thats good to know. I have a CVS down the road. i need to take a peek. Are they pretty good quality brushes?

MzzRach

Why I need 2 of each:

217 - I use one for eyeshadow and one for concealer.

187 - 1 for powders, 1 for bronzers/blush.

109 - 1 for liquid products (i.e. foundation), 1 for highlighting.

cocodivatime

GAH now I'm confused. i was trying to place a small brush order before stuff starts selling out but I need to think this through and maybe make my purchase tomorrow

I'm thinking of these

I don't need doubles of the 217, 224, 242, 187 or 168 because i have them in SE sizes too. So those are like backup for me. Easy to carry

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
Oh thats good to know. I have a CVS down the road. i need to take a peek. Are they pretty good quality brushes?

i LOVE them. the duo crease brushes are the only EOB ones i own, but they're super soft and work lovely. definitely worth the 5.99 lol.

pink_lily82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
219-2
187-4
109-2
217-4
226-2
219-2
224-3
138-2
214-2
239-3
208-2
266-2
222-2
168-2
190-2
174-2

Reason.......I'm a Brush Whore

Wow, TISH!
th_worship.gif
Can I just like roll around in your sea of brushes? Ahh, so soft... j/k!

I only have 2 x 219 and just bought a backup of the 217. I switch them up every now and then. Cause I'm lazy like that.

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^ I will try to take new pics this weekend i promise

oh heavenly father, praise the lord!! i know ur collection is going to look exactly like any given freestanding mac store LOL

Dr_Girlfriend

Quote:
TISH PLEASE SHOW US YOUR COLLECTION!!! i am DYING to see it, see?? i only got 6 weeks to live!!!

LOL! You're so funny.
lol.gif

Dr_Girlfriend

Also, if you don't want to spend the money to get dupe MAC brushes, check out the EcoTools brushes. For the price they are awesome! MAC brushes are a huge investment and I have a tendency to misplace things so they work out well.

cocodivatime

Quote:
i LOVE them. the duo crease brushes are the only EOB ones i own, but they're super soft and work lovely. definitely worth the 5.99 lol.

$5.99 nice. And one of them has the same effect as the 219? How many come in this set. 2?

MissResha

yes its 2 in a pack. they're both like the 219. one is slightly fatter than the 219 and the other is slightly smaller than the 219 or maybe its the same size. either way, its a great deal and they're worth buying.