Question on Colors???

Catcat

I'm just starting with MAC and would like to get some eye shadow colors. I am NW25, with dark brown hair and brown eyes with hints of gold. I usually wear browns and wanted to go with a little bit of color.

Suggestions??????????

newagetomatoz

Hmm, I just have to recommend this color because it is one of my all time favorites, so Woodwinked. Others that may look nice are Greensmoke, Steamy, Beauty Marked (I use it as a liner), Parfait Amour (takes a bit of work, but worth it), Coppering, Idol Eyes, and Stars N Rockets.

VeXedPiNk

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
Beauty Marked (I use it as a liner)

What a great idea!! I'm going to have to give that a try.

I love aquadisiac and electric eel together on dark hair/eyed people. I also second woodwinked... definite must-have.

Catcat

checked out the colors. WOW!!! love greensmoke and steamy!!! Who would have guessed????

Would you suggest going to the Mac store and buying pallettes over the singles?

newagetomatoz

Hmm, the nearest MAC store to me is about a two hour drive up to Toronto (I'm in Buffalo) so I usually buy the pots and depot the eyeshadows and put them in a Claire's 21-palette. I like the pots because they can be used for B2M, though you might have to mail those in because of the new policies at some places. I don't know how much the pan retail for, but I think is probably better to go the palette and pan route. Partly because there is no sticky residue when you depot! Hope that helps some!

Danapotter

As for neutral colors, I love Goldmine and Amber Lights!

Also, Lovestone MES, if you can get it, is a gorgeous brown pink.

yes.gif

foxyqt

for blues: Steamy or Shimmermoss, Tilt, Deep Truth
for greens: Sumtuous Olive, Juxt, Humid
for pinks: Swish, Da Bling, Cranberry
for purples: Shale, Beautiful Iris, Stars n Rockets
others: Club, Coppering, Mythology, Goldmine