Questions about Manish on ebay

Ciani

So I sat there biting my nails when I originally saw the Manish collection come out because I had already spent over my budget. Within an hour I refreshed to buy the palette and most of the things were already sold out.
ssad.gif
I tried to see if it was something I could get through the Gone but not Forgotten place but they said no it's not even searchable and I called MAC and they said it's completely gone so I have to resort to buying it off Ebay
ssad.gif

My question is is there any chance that these are fakes right now? If there is a chance they are making fakes of this one I'd rather not buy it and just wait till someone on here has one for sale. Anyway thanks for the info ahead of time!
smiles.gif

gildedangel

People will fake anything to make a quick buck, but as I look on ebay there are only a few and they look fine to me. But $48-$100?!? I wouldn't pay that much, especially since there are so many already perm shadows in that palette. But, there is always a chance that it is fake, especially on ebay there is always that risk. You are probably better off waiting to get it from someone on here, you will probably get a better deal too!
smiles.gif

Ciani

Thanks Gildedangel! You're right alot of the same items from perm collection hehe. My only problem on here is everytime I go to send a message the item is already sold lol. I have bad timing!

User27

Quote:

The good news or the good news? No palettes found to this degree of detail and 2 sources with exact matching photos...one in a youtube video and her related blog.

YouTube - HAUL :: MAC Manish Arora Collection Review

REVIEW :: MAC for Manish Arora♥Collection - Home - Makeup Makes Me Happy | Beauty Advice Made Fabulous

Yours looks like the real thing by pictures and no fakes had this type accurately. They had shadows, blushes, lipsticks but one wretched attempt at a palette that couldn't touch your listing. You found a really hard find and it looks like you're safe on this one but compare photos first so you know firsthand. Congratulations madamoiselle.
yes.gif

Lapis

I took a quick peek and all the palettes on ebay as of tonight that the actual picture is show are authentic, I won't say anything for the one using mac's pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
The fakes are noticably fake...always loved the Indian design to this set. XD
If you see packaging like that, run for cover. Best of luck as I'm fighting a losing battle on this one as well. Some of these were absolutely gorgeous.
yes.gif

Actually they are pretty close to the real thing, Manish was special packing

User27

I used Temptalia's photos from release to compare being I couldn't buy the pieces from them selling out so quick. Only series I was ever hyped enough to actually want to leap at and bang! sold out that effing quick. Lapis is right about the boxes though, they came in an Indian designed box with a Hindi like pattern....I still want the effers. Just bought Nylon solo as these colors in this palette are available mainstream thank God.
yes.gif

MAC Manish Arora Sneak Peek Product Photo

Packaging photos are here :

MAC Manish Arora Product Photos and Pictures

Make sure you search various resources other than just temptalia as sometimes they have inaccurate (or fake) photos. Youtube hauls from people buying them from a MAC source is also a good back up....MAC like Nordstrom's, Dillard's, Macy's....not Ebay or personal seller bought.

If you compare the photos of fake Manish, they forget the "manish arora" under the M.A.C. on their packaging with most of their items. It's written in a lower case Sanskrit like fashion on the boxes. The fakes are cute orange boxes lacking that Sanskrit like series name...effing costly now and making me buy solo pieces when I lust the palette. MAC stop releasing so many sets or re-release the kick behind sets in larger volume so I can own this entire set.
thmbup.gif