Questions

paaaanda

Im having my prom night soon !
greengrin.gif

However, im having trouble deciding what dress i should get for it.
this is because i have broad shoulders and revealing them makes me feel insecure,
Hence, i hope someone here, could give me some advice on how to dress ^-^
Gladly appreciated.
Im around 157cm

REYNALD0C

For broad shoulders, I say make sure the strap is thick enough to kinda cancel out the broadness of your shoulders. It kinda balances out the whole shoulder proportion!

Raerae

Don't get a halter top, as they will make your shoulders look broader.

Deep V neck tops pull your eyes vertically down. Which can make for a great dress if you have the clevage to go along with it. If your getting a top with straps, as was mentioned, thicker straps will proportion you better.

You can also go for dresses that flare out at the hips, giving you the illusion of more proportionate hips, since shoulders generally only look broad when they are out of proportion with your hips.

And the best thing you can do, is OWN THEM. Plenty of men find women with broader shoulders very attractive. And there are plenty of women who are famous for their beauty, who have broad shoulders. Go look at the models who are ranked highest for sexy / high fashion models, they typically have broad shoulders and more slender hips. You can't choose your bone structure, but you can choose how you feel about it. And there is nothing unattractive about haveing a sexy set of shoulders.

rainy

Similar info to above, but I have proportionately broad shoulders and a large rib cage (I specify because "large chest" implies more boob) and I always like a wider, open neckline. I can't say for sure without seeing what shape you are, but I find covering more of my upper torso results in it looking larger, so don't assume covering up is the answer... Your main goal should be to break up the space across your shoulders with straps and such. Wide-set straps, for instance, would visually reduce the area considered "shoulder".

Halters do emphasize your shoulders, but I find them quite flattering/slimming.