Quick opinions on 'A Rose' from Catherine collection

Kat

I finish work in an hour and am 99% sure I'm going to purchase 'A Rose' lipstick from the Catherine collection. Any opinions or comments before I go?

mspixieears

I did hear someone saying that 'A Rose' and 'Bourbon' have been somewhat neglected in this collection! Damn, I wish I could get you to get me a Sharp Beige l/s, I'm too sick to go into Melb city centre and get one.

But it sounds like you're pretty keen, I say go for it! If you really don't like it, perhaps you can find a more appreciative home for it?

Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I did hear someone saying that 'A Rose' and 'Bourbon' have been somewhat neglected in this collection! Damn, I wish I could get you to get me a Sharp Beige l/s, I'm too sick to go into Melb city centre and get one.

But it sounds like you're pretty keen, I say go for it! If you really don't like it, perhaps you can find a more appreciative home for it?

That's just the encouragement I needed - thanks!

Do you know the girls at the Melbourne counter well? You could always ring them and see if they'll hold a Sharp Beige for you. Also, I know the Melbourne pro store does mail order - a friend got palettes from them just recently.

Get better soon!!

mspixieears

Ooh, thanks! Actually, I know the Melb pro store will hold items, I don't have a credit card so I can't place an order (though might be able to beg some loved one!). I must have Sharp Beige!

Enjoy your 'A Rose' when you get it!!!

Kat

No problem at all! Glad to help another Mac obsessed Australian 'sister'! It's hard being a Mac fan in Australia
winks.gif

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Are you chickys going to the Culturebloom event? I went to my MAC counter today and I asked so i get to go... sounds pretty awesome...

Kat

Hmmm i'm in Brisbane. I should ask about it...but i've been there 3 times in the last week (faulty shadow, new collection etc) so I feel a bit foolish going back again haha!

Btw, thanks for your help ladies, I bought 'A Rose' and it is truly a gorgeous colour. I think of it as a purply-pink, almost a muted fuschia. And because it's a lustre it can go on sheer or be built up for more colour. Fantastic. I love lustre, it's taken over from Amplified Creme which I didn't think was possible haha!

mspixieears

Kat - awesome, glad you love it!

Cookie_monsta - I'm in Melb, ooh, didn't realise there would be an event. You simply must report back to us on how it goes! Is Culturebloom being released here so soon?

Kat

Yeah when is Culturebloom coming out here? I must know! I think i'm going to want a few things...god my wallet is screaming already!
winks.gif

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Well when I asked when culturebloom was coming out the chick looked at me as if "why do you know about that", then she laughed and said she does training for it next week, so guessing by when the event is, late March sometime... can't wait!!!

Kat

Late March hey...that'll give my credit card a bit of time to recover hehe!