Quick Questionaire. (Kinds of men)

CandiGirl21

1)What do you ladies think about shy men?

2)Do you like men to approach you when you're single and looking?

3)Are pretty boys still masculine in your opinion?

4)Can mama boys grow up to be men or will they still feed off of breast milk?

5) If you dated a man with children, does him having kids make you see him as a stable guy?

*BONUS*When it comes to dating, are you more traditional or modern?

nzgal

I think it depends on your own personality type, i.e. I'm not shy, but I'm not always one to make the first move in conversations etc. I think I prefer men that are a bit more forward and less shy, but that's bc it just matches better with my personality.

Yes.

definitely!

Of course they can grow up to be men! Especially if they are taught to RESPECT women, and not just see them as providers of food & clean laundry.

5) If you dated a man with children, does him having kids make you see him as a stable guy?
Uh, no. The opposite.

Modern with a sprinkling of traditional
winks.gif

*Currently happily married*

AngelBunny

-- Shy I can handle ... if he says he is shy and really he is just quiet and morose, no thanks!

-- Depends .... are they hot? J/K ... sure ... unless I am plastered and being a moron.

-- No ... I like muscles and low maintenance ... if it takes him longer to primp than me we have a problem. I am sooooo not the metrosexual loving type.

-- Yes ... they will grow up to be men that want YOU to be their mama! Not even going to approach the breast milk comment ... eeeewww!

-- I speak from experience (hubby had three kids prior to me with two different women ... now we have two more) ... it is actually quite the opposite. Made him more endearing, but certainly not more stable.

-- I would say more modern ... but that is mainly because I have a history of being the aggressor.

Cool survey!

TISH1124

As long as they open up when we are together it doesn't bother me...It's cute...mysterious

Only if they are my type..and I am giving them the eye that it is okay to approach me ... If I'm busy ...I don't like to be bothered..If I am spending time with my son..please respect that and don't interfere...with "Hey Boo, you got a minute"
#1 My name is not BOO and your minute is used up since I had to make you aware of that fact! I hate Thug type men period! I like a rough neck at times...But not a Thug!

Never went for the pretty boy persay...I was all about the personality, smile and overall self esteem and appearance. My weakness is smooth skin, great teeth, height, build and hella smell good

Never had a Momma boys...I know my brother is one, along with being a pretty boy... and I don't want one of him ever!

I have dated men that had kids who were piss poor fathers and didn't have two nickels to rub together and piss poor ambition ...and my current dh is the best father in the world and he is 100% stable mentally and financially...Every thing he does is with his wife and kids in mind.

Neither..I am both...If I want it I go get it...Meaning..I might make the first move if the circumstances warrant it...
But I do like to have doors opened and be treated like a lady...I may buy dinner if I want to...But I don't want to feel like I have to.

Simply Elegant

I don't really go for shy guys. I do prefer quiet guys though. Definitely a difference between shy and quiet.

Maybe. Depends on the guy and his approach. I don't really look though. They just seem to pop up and make the first move.

Yes. I prefer a pretty boy because I like someone that will take care of himself well.

They can as long as they don't want me to be their replacement mother. I won't do that. As long as he's raised right, there's not a problem if he's a bit attached to his mom. It's nice because it shows he cares for her and knows how to treat a woman respectfully.

Possibly or someone who could have been a bit more careful maybe too. I'm only 21 and not wanting to date someone with kids.

Modern. I want to pay for my own portion of a date but don't mind the occasional door being opened for me. I like to be picked up but I don't mind making the first move. It depends.

Paramnesia

I think a shy guy is cute, but i'm extremely shy myself so if anything is to happen i need somebody who can at least approach me first.

Yes, I'm way too shy to approach guys myself so i kind of need it, or i'll just remain single for forever lol.

Hmmm thats a tough one, yes in some cases but I personally prefer a guy who is rough around the edges

Depends on the person, some guys will strive to out grow the mama boy stereotype whereas other seems to be ignorant to the fact and believe that's the way life should be.

Haven't dated a guy with children before.

Hell i dunno anymore, been single too long to know what i'm even like in a relationship.

CandiGirl21

Shy men to me are a waste of my time. I am an upfront person and I would like for him to say something or even offer to be a friend. Because My attention is taken elsewhere...
2)Do you like men to approach you when you're single and looking? Hell yeah! I love it when men say something or flirt a little bit.

3)Are pretty boys still masculine in your opinion? Yeah but in a sorta bitch way... LMAO!!!

4)Can mama boys grow up to be men or will they still feed off of breast milk? They can once they find a certain woman that will woo the hell out of em'.

5) If you dated a man with children, does him having kids make you see him as a stable guy? I would NEVER date a man with kids...Wait take that back, I would but if I had my own kids.

*BONUS*When it comes to dating, are you more traditional or modern? Modern. I would love for a real good man to spoil me rotten, but I'd look like a dependent, lonely and possible sexually deprived old woman....The horror!!!!!!!

Beauty Mark

It can be frustrating (big lags in conversation, having to start things often), but I think they have a lot of potential. I often find that they are humble, which I like.

It depends how they do it. Asking me out on a date, yes. Trying to grab my boob, no.

Yes

If they're willing to realize how dependent they are on their mother, sure.

No. He has to take care of his kids properly for children to indicate any kind of stability

A combination. I see nothing wrong with making the first move, etc., but I also don't jump in bed immediately (I'm not knocking that for others; that just isn't me) and honestly, do like being complimented and such

iadoremac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiGirl21

The fact that a guy is shy i think its cute to an extent but still he has to know when to summon his courage

Yes....wouldnt want them to approach me when I am not single and looking

Yeah I guess so

Cant stand em wont date em

I would not use the fact that he has kids to judge him because you never know

Traditional with a modern twist....if that makes sense

blindpassion

I think they can be sweet, but theres a line, if they are awkward and unable to hold a conversation when out in public due to their shyness, then I am not okay with that.

Sure.

I think it depends on the boy.

I don't have any personal experience with it but I feel that men like that are raised to be dependent on someone for things they should be taking responsibility for in their own lives. If men have been babied too much, in a relationship, especially as soon as they have moved out from a parents house, they depend on you to fulfill those "responsibilities"

Usually it shows me the opposite. But it very much depends on the situation. I personally feel like I would be uncomfortable dating a man with kids, simply due to my age. I am very young.

Modern. I don't believe in a lot of the old school ways of looking at relationships.

xxManBeaterxx

It depends on the situation and what not. But i have no issues with shy guys, but if he doesnt open up then i couldn't date someone like that.

Ive been with the same guy for 7 years since i was 16.. sorry cant answer this one :\

Yeah sure

IF they want to lose their girlfriend or wife, they better learn to say no to their mama. Im sure some grow up to be independent and some will always listen to their mom's.

First impressions yeah.

Im mainly modern but traditional things like a man opening the door for you and he doing the proposing, i like
smiles.gif

chocolategoddes

It can be cute, but I don't want to have to drag his true self out of him. He'll need to make some sort of an effort to open up.

Of course. Why noy? But I think I'm intimidating to guys, so it doesnt happen very often.

They can be, but I like grungy, rough around the edges, big guys. I don't want to date a guy prettier than me.

Hey,I hear breast milk doesnt taste that bad....

No. If he's my age (17) and he's got kids, I'm running the opposite direction!

I guess traditional....

stacylynne

I can handle a guy that's shy but if he can't open up & can't have a conversation, then i'm gone

2)Do you like men to approach you when you're single and looking? hell hes, only if he's my type. It does make a woman feel good to get hit on

sure

uggg no mama boys for me, they go right from their mama's to their wives. I want a partner not an overgown child. I have a tendancy to go for bad boys lol

I have dated men that had kids, it doesn't bother me 1 bit

I'm a little of both. I like when a man opens the door for me. I feel a man should always pay for the 1st date, but as the relationship progresses, I have no prob. paying but not on the 1st date. no way.
I'm also very independent. A lot of men are intiminated by me. I also need a man that can keep up with me lol

user46

My current boyfriend WAS fairly shy. I actually liked that about him. I don't think it's a bad thing.

No.

Ummm... yea.

Always with the breast milk. My boyfriend is a momma's boy and some shit really pisses me off. But she's nice. He just feels the need to take care of her instead of letting her take care of herself.

Umm... idk.
Definitely traditional. I don't believe in double standards, but for the first dates I def. think the man should pay. and ... stuff like that. lol. Thats how it used to be with my man .. but now we split everything down the middle.

ClaireAvril

Aggrivating.

Yes.. all depends on the type of approach and what is said.

No.. i'm the girl

Hmmm.. perhaps.. with the right training. But the odds are low.

NOOOOOOOO.. There are so many men out there that boast they have children but aren't taking care of them.

Traditional. I believe men should open doors for women, give up their seats for women and elderly persons, bring flowers, etc. Doesn't happen much anymore.

snowflakelashes

Shy guys are okay if they are not too shy. As others have said before I need to be able to converse with him, seeing as I am not the most outgoing person I definately need someone who is willing to give and take. That said I had the HUGEST crush on this guy who seemed to be shy, he talked to his friend, and I made the effort to talk to him and he seemed to talk back, and it was great. I decided I wanted to mingle and I noticed he was quiet... went back.. talked more with him and it was good... mingled with others... saw the same thing... that kind of shy I only have patience for , for a while . If he were to have decided he liked me as more than a friend, my patience would wear thin if he never talked to anyone else because I have had to struggle so hard to break free of my own shyness that it is important for me to keep practicing talking to a variety of people... but he doesn't have to be super out going... just not paralyzed shy.
smiles.gif

Again yes, but it depends how they approach me. If they have a conversation and treat me with respect, I like it. And even if it isn't it gives me something to complain to my girlfriends about. "Can you believe he just came up to me and asked me if I'd **** him?" lol ... If I were more attractive and it happened all the time maybe it would be annoying btu since its a super rare, practically never occurance, its nice to get attention even once in a while..

I don't really know what a pretty boy is defined as?... someone who is clean cut and does their hair and stuff? They can be... I knew a guy who plucked his eyebrows and dressed nice, but he also worked out like a MOFO and was definately manly...
smiles.gif
Depends on the guy really.

they can but less likely to. I think that more boys need to be raised to be independant. Everyone should know how to cook (at least the basics) do their own laundry, and how to clean a house.

Same for girls, all girls should know how to change a lightbulb, how to reset a breaker or replace a fuse, how to change a tire (this i was NEVER taught, let me tell you how I balled my eyes when a tire went out and had to rely on the kindness of strangers to stop and help me put the spare on... !) and basic use of tools and repairs (ahmmer or remove a nail, basic use of a screwdriver and drill, how to use a saw.. etc.

Not really, doesn't influence it. If he has children and he is obviously involved in their lives and a good father then yes. But if he has children and he makes no effort to be involved in their lives or is just the 'fun' dad. Then no it doesn't improve my image of him...

I don't date, but if I did I would be more traditional . I was just raised old school. While I'm not exactly waiting for marriage, I am not built emotionally to handle meaningless sexual encounters. I am jealous sometimes of people who can, because I am like "it must be SO much easier when you can just do stuff and not be affected by it long term". But unfortunately my heart and mind are not able to seperate like that.

That said I am "modern" in the sense that I believe in being an independant and smart self sufficient woman. And that while I would love to have a partner in life I won't sacrifice who I am or dumb myself down just to try and make myself into something a man think he wants. I can not FAKE submission, while I am not an agressive person and am pretty passive. I would not be able to subjigate all my desires nad dreams just to make another person happy. I believe in cooperation and mutual respect.

HeavenLeiBlu

Enh, I'm shy enough. I prefer an assertive man. Two wallflowers=no fun.

Yup

Depends on what's pretty about them, but yeah. Big difference in being a pretty boy and just all out effeminate.

Hell no. Stay away.

No.

Hmmm.... I'm really square in the middle. I have some ideas that I'm open to that lots of people find really shocking, but I still have very traditional desires to go along with those.

kimmy

not a fan, i like aggressive men.

only if they do it with respect.

no, but they're nice to look at sometimes.

mama's boys never grow up.

5)If you dated a man with children, does him having kids make you see him as a stable guy?
no, i wouldn't date a guy with kids anyway.

a little from column a; a little from column b.

My mom always said "still waters run deep and dirty," and this has always been my experience with shy men. Especially the ones that can't look people in the face. Watch out! lol

I'm married now, but I was never a fan of being approached or hit on. It was actually kind of a turn off for me. I guess I like to be the aggressor.

No, not IMO.

lmao I really don't know.

As long as he's good to his kids, sure.

When I was dating, modern for sure lol
greengrin.gif

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiGirl21

1. I love shy men.

2. Yeah sure, why not. Provided they're not aggressive with it. I find that kind of gross.

3. It really depends. I appreciate when someone takes pride in their appearance, but as the great Mya once said (lmao) "I can't stand a man who thinks he looks better than me". I'm a dork.

4. I think you can be both a man and on breast milk. Maybe i'm wrong.

5. It's doubtful i'd date a man with children but if so, then no, i try my best to judge stuff once i've experience it, not before.

*BONUS* I'm both, which can be confusing for the guy, but i'd like to think I have better qualities which make up for all my contradictions
smiles.gif