QUO - Shoppers Drug Mart items that remind me of Flashtronic from Mac

tropical_smiles

Yah i went back and swatched the bronzers..I originally thought i liked it but then i just returned it because after 5 minutes of coming home and not really doing much all the glitter and everything was gone. i bought it because I wanted a bit of the glitter for my clubbing look but definately not worth it after it washed off between going from shoppers to my house.

Though I did pick up a fan brush for $10.99 because of the sale!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13
I tried these out this week and I found them so-so. I dunno, maybe I landed on a bad tester unit, but I didn't find the pigmentation to be outstanding and the bronzers were too glittery - not that they had too much shine, but the glitter itself was somehow too coarse, not as soft and refined as I've seen in other mineralized products.

They're a good option if you want to try mineralized products on the cheaper end, but honestly they're not really comparable. ( I found both the current Marcelle LE versions and the regular Pupa ones to be of better quality. The MAC MSFs and the Laure Geller versions are still the bar to beat.)

tropical_smiles

yah i own two of the skunk brushes..LOVE THEM..so worth it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I just saw the collection yesterday and was about to make a thread on it but i'm glad i found this!!! I saw the two MSF dupes and i really like them! I swiped tehm both and the quality looks really good! It said original price was $18 each but they are on sale this week for $14! I really liked the peachy pink one! They both kinda remind me of Light Flush & Warmed and since i have both coming in the mail this week, i'm going to wait! But i'm really thinking of getting Sand Dune! They are both a very sheer wash of colour. I also remember reading that there's only one company in Italy that bakes these cosmetics so maybe it could be from the same place they make the MAC msf's? I will say the quality is defintley excellent and practically a dupe for MAC and at half-price!!! I'm going to check the Shopper's website & see if i can find a pic! I got a little Sping/Summer booklet in the mail this week & that's where i first saw the pics! Ohhhh yeah and did i mention that Quo makes the BEST brushes? And i think they are 20% off this week! The skunk brush (MAC 187 dupe!) is awesome and doesn't shed!!!

mae13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles
Yah i went back and swatched the bronzers..I originally thought i liked it but then i just returned it because after 5 minutes of coming home and not really doing much all the glitter and everything was gone. i bought it because I wanted a bit of the glitter for my clubbing look but definately not worth it after it washed off between going from shoppers to my house.

Though I did pick up a fan brush for $10.99 because of the sale!!

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. When I tested the eyeshadows on a dry hand the pigmentation payoff was poor and it rubbed off easily. It packed on better and had greater tenacity when I tested them on a hand with a thin film of moisturizer, so they would probably wear ok with a base. (If your SDM still has some of the 'mineral' eyeshadow duos from the previous collection (the ones in the metal cases), check them out. Those, I absolutely love.)

Anyway, I ended up getting three of the new Marcelle mineralized shadows instead, which looked a lot nicer on.

I just went back and re-tested the bronzers. The gold one has better pigmentation and feels softer than the pinkish one, but neither one of them blew me away.

On the other hand, I really liked the 'tester-tube' glosses they had out with that same collection - very Dazzleglass-like in terms of the shine and glitter particles. And I loved the scent! I wish the regular Quo glosses smelled like that, instead of the too-sweet creme brulee scent.

infernalmachine

quo single eyeshadows used to be nice, have no clue why they D/Ced them...

the brushes i will agree are great, gonna get me some on sale this week!

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13
If your SDM still has some of the 'mineral' eyeshadow duos from the previous collection (the ones in the metal cases), check them out. Those, I absolutely love.

I saw some duo eyeshadows in a metal cases....they were on clearence for $10.50. There was a nice taupe colour but nothing really blew me away!

I think i need to stock up on more brushes!!! I need another skunk brush...one for my pink/peachy MSF's, the other for my bronzey ones!

chey

I bought the Sand Dune bronzer. I really like it but its too light for me. I use it instead as a highlighter. They do look similar to MAC msf's. Here is a photo of Sand Dune. It looks dark in the compact and photo but actually goes on lighter.