• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Rainbow Eyes!

heart.gif
So this is my first tutorial. Most of the pictures are taken with flash, so you can't really see the blush as well as i would have liked. umm, I hope you enjoy it.
heart.gif

rainbowtutorial1.jpg

rainbowtutorial2.jpg

What I used

heart.gif
Face:

* studio stick concealer NC20
* select spf 15 foundation NC20
* studio fix NC25
* physicians formula in green color corrector
* blush in well dressed
* msf in petticoat

heart.gif
Eyes:

* paint in bare canvas
* lancome le crayon khol
* clinique high impact mascara
* Carbon e/s
* nylon e/s
* bright fuscia pigment, orange e/s, chrome yellow e/s, bitter e/s, lime e/s, jewel blue e/s, parfait amour e/s

heart.gif
Brushes:

* 258, 272, 266

so i started with an (ew) bare face
rainbowtutorial3.jpg

then I applied the concealer to 'problem areas'

rainbowtutorial4.jpg

then i blended and got

rainbowtutorial5.jpg

I used a sponge to apply select spf to my entire face.
rainbowtutorial6.jpg

then i use the 129 brush to apply the green color corrector powder to my cheeks near my nose and on my nose and chin which has some rosy spots i dont like. im not really sure it works very well but i like to think it does.
rainbowtutorial10.jpg

then i use the same brush to apply the studio fix

rainbowtutorial8.jpg

(flash makes me look super pale!)

rainbowtutorial9.jpg

now its time for the eyes! i take a itty bitty bit of bare canvas and apply it to my eyelids with my finger.
rainbowtutorial11.jpg

and the result...

rainbowtutorial12.jpg

Now I apply a shimmery gold cream that i bought in italy (im not sure of the name) with my finger, and use the 272 brush to apply nylon e/s to highlight

rainbowtutorial13.jpg

and the result...

rainbowtutorial14.jpg

woo hoo uh you cant really tell..haha but its there
now i use the (i think) 258 brush (the numbers rubbed off) to apply bright fuscia pigment (which i put into a pot) to the inner corner of my eyes

rainbowtutorial15.jpg

now comes orange!

rainbowtutorial16.jpg

Now i add yellow (make sure to blend!)

rainbowtutorial17.jpg

There should be a little room left in the outer corner of the lid to add the green. I used bitter at first but it didn't show up well enough next to the yellow, so i used lime.

rainbowtutorial18.jpg

Now so far, it should look like this

rainbowtutorial19.jpg

use the same brush to apply jewel blue to half of the lower lash line (it doesnt look very bright in the picture but it is!)

rainbowtutorial20.jpg

then apply parfait amour e/s to the other half and you get

rainbowtutorial21.jpg

Line upper lash line with 266 brush and carbon e/s

rainbowtutorial22.jpg

and on the lower, i lined the inside with lancome crayon kohl stick eyeliner

rainbowtutorial23.jpg

if you have smaller or straight lashes, use a lash curler to get that extra OOMF!

rainbowtutorial25.jpg

then apply mascara jiggling the brush side to side begining at the base to the ends. i used clinique high impact mascara sample. (ive never bought mascara, i always just use the sample ones you get for free when you spend so much $! Clinique seems to work well for me)

rainbowtutorial26.jpg

now the eyes are done, so far they should look like this

rainbowtutorial27.jpg

now for the cheeks! Apply well dressed blush with 129 to apples of your cheeks.

rainbowtutorial28.jpg

rainbowtutorial29.jpg

then use the same brush (i only have one
ssad.gif
) to apply msf petticoat along the cheekbone

rainbowtutorial30.jpg

rainbowtutorial31.jpg

so far it should look like...

rainbowtutorial32.jpg

now for the lips i used make up forever lip gloss in #14 and applied with my finger

rainbowtutorial33.jpg

rainbowtutorial34.jpg

for an extra sparkle i used lancome star gloss on top which is clear with silver flecks of shimmer

rainbowtutorial35.jpg

rainbowtutorial36.jpg

the finished product...

rainbowtutorial37.jpg

with glasses...

rainbowtutorial38.jpg

and just the eyes...

rainbowtutorial39.jpg

whoops, there is an eyelash in the last three pictures. i hope you got some use out of my first tutorial. whew, that was long. thanks for looking!

mzreyes

great tutorial!! and is that a harajuku lovers hoodie?!!! I want one!! UGH I'm jealous!!!!!!!!

Willa

Its superbe!
Just when I wanted to try a rainbow look on me, thank you for showing us how to
smiles.gif

Glad to see another Make Up For Ever user
wavey.gif

User49

This was the cutest tut ever! I
heart.gif
your glasses btw! Really decent pictures and easy to re create! Thanks for posting this!!!
smiles.gif

JCBean

That's so creative!!! Brilliant tutorial-you'd never guess it was your first. Looks great-and I'm loving the Clinique mascara on you.

I tried it and it did nothing for me
ssad.gif
Love that Lancome lipgloss too, it's gorgeous
smiles.gif

xx

nongoma

Brilliant tutorial, i'm gonna get the guts to try it myself one of these days....although....

You look so sad in your pictures! SMILE for us...cause im sure you have a stunner of a smile you know!