Random thought about LE items and quantity

bluegrassbabe

Does anybody have any idea about how many of each Limited Edition items are produced? I was looking at some stuff on ebay and thought of this. I wonder what perecentage of them end up being sold or swapped online. I'm just kind of curious about the amount of items made, and MACs expectations of sales. Random, I know...

csuthetaphi

I have been wondering the same thing. Especially when I see things like the Sundressing pigments sold out online during the first day!

bluegrassbabe

I have wondered before if there was intentional shortages on some items, for the sake of hype. I emailed customer service quite a while ago to ask about this, and never got a response.

midnightlouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassbabe
I have wondered before if there was intentional shortages on some items, for the sake of hype. I emailed customer service quite a while ago to ask about this, and never got a response.

Well if you ever hear back from them, please post! Inquiring minds want to know
greengrin.gif

Marcita

They sell in thousands of dept. stores and stand alone stores so they make a lot but have to ship to each location. Some places sell out quickly, others don't sell as well. The stores don't know how much they are getting until they get it.

kimmy

one of the MAs at my counter said that for each LE collection they get only one shipment. he said it's usually between 30 and 150 of each item in the collection, and once those are gone...that's it. he said though that they don't know until they get the shipment how many of each item there will be. he said they usually get more e/s pots than pigment jars, and more lipglasses than lipsticks.

hope that answers some questions at least haha
tong.gif