Rant: Lovespell = deathsmell

Katura

puke.gif

little teaser

you know i have notice men getting more carried away with applying fragrance, its like they shower in it.. when some men or guys walk by im like wtf... stinky mens cologne is the worst

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Amen to that! I can no longer stand lovespell. Its bad enough girls use the lotion, Then they came out with the SHAMPOO and CONDITONER. as if you couldn't reek anymore!

Funny thing about men going crazy with cologne .

True story.
My dad .. I swear showers in Cologne, He always has. but a month or so ago I was driving behind my dad thru town , I was following him to a car show, He drives a 66 Mustang Convertible gt 350, and he stopped at a corner waiting to turn right, He turned right, and I swear to you I was like "OMG.. I can smell my dad from here! this his insane!" I could smell my father in the car in front of me. from like 30 feet behind him! haha.

NaturallyME

I HATE this smell im all about nice fruity lite smells
but this stuff is GROSS!! i ve always hated it in middle school my bestfriend wore it and i wanted to kill her everytime! TERRIBLE

sorry my little rant im usually not this homicidal in nature i promise!

*Dani*

Eurgh, this reminds me of a girl who went to my school. She used to wear so much Pure Poison that you could smell when she'd been in a room 10 minutes ago. I actually like the smell but not when it's so strong!
I don't know what Lovespell smells like, but pretty much any perfume smells awful when it's that strong!

liv

I like sweet smells too, like HM Butterfly and Princess, but this stuff is PUNGENT. Not pleasant at all, on anyone, in my experience.

GreekChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by little teaser
you know i have notice men getting more carried away with applying fragrance, its like they shower in it.. when some men or guys walk by im like wtf... stinky mens cologne is the worst

This reminds me:
Ralph Lauren Polo (the black bottle) is the nastiest cologne a man can ever wear.
If you care about your man, and care to maintain all levels of attraction within your relationship, do not buy him this perfume.

gRiZeLda

UGH! I HATE LOVESPELL WITH A PASSION!!!! ever since some ghetto CHOLA (LOL) in my class showered herself in it....plus she already seemed as she never showered....therefore it makes me think of the smell of a dirty chola when i smell it...

MACATTAK

To me it smells baby Tylenol. I used to hate the smell, but actually started to tolerate it. Too much of anything is HORRIBLE. I think when you spray colognes, perfumes etc on, your nose gets used to it quickly, so people reapply thinking that the smell is not there. That's when it gets outrageous!

kaliraksha

I think it smells like tang! I wore it like 8 years ago in high school and guys actually really liked it... kind of worked to the name, hum. Haha, kidding of course. But now, the idea of the smell makes me sick to my stomach. Ugh.

NicksWifey

I used to wear this when I was like 14. My friend still wears it, I hate, it sorta smells like cat piss in a way, LOL.

rockjr1984

Lovespell is the ONLY perfume my DH will recognize and loves to no end..lol....I don't really care for it, but I do wear it sometimes just to hear a compliment from him...lol...

secretwish

if you're talking about lovespell from VS, i effing love it.
nobody at school has it (yay for canada) so there isn't the over-whelming effect!
hahaha

deven.marie

what bothers me is that it seems like EVERYONE wears it. like, buy perfume to smell unique, not like every 9th grader in america.

blazeno.8

Man, that stuff was cool when "the cool kids" were wearing it but then once it oversaturated the market....
ssad.gif
It's a fun scent used in small amounts, but once you've been exposed to the oversaturation phase... Gross... you can never get that memory out of your head.

I hated putting it on those perfume sticks when I worked at VS, but it isn't the worst scent they have.

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretwish
if you're talking about lovespell from VS, i effing love it.
nobody at school has it (yay for canada) so there isn't the over-whelming effect!
hahaha

Haha I know, I smelled it for the first time in La Senza, and I didnt think it smelled bad at all!

gigglegirl

One that is similar (but IMO more tolerable) is Pure Seduction by VS--its Red instead of the purple that Love Spell is. I love it, right after a shower!

I know for some the fruit smells can really be overdoing it, so I do it prob once or twice a week, definitely not my daily smell and for me its a nice winter refresher.

Although in all honesty, my sweet smelling stuff like that (Love Spell, Pure Seduction, really any VS Body Sprays) are going into hiatus mode for the summer. I HATE when bees and wasps hang around you if you smell like fruit or vanilla. Booo....I've not been stung yet and am petrified to be.