Razors and shaving kits for the naughty bits and other body hair

thewickedstyle

Sooo... I noticed in the Adam and Eve catalog that there were a few shaving kits available that included trimmers, etc. Also they have special shaving cream for pubic hair. I was wondering if anyone has tried any of those specialized products or if regular shavers and creams are exactly the same?

Also, I use an electric shaver on my legs but lately I'm dry. Anyone try that razor that has the lotion built around the blade?

onezumi

I don't know about those but my dermatologist told me to just use Vaseline and let it set 5 min before shaving. I use a Mach 3 and haven't had many problems. The Vaseline can gunk up the blades, though.

MzEmo

i tried this gel for the bikini area from target but it wasnt different from any other shaving products. i used skintimate and the gillette venus breeze. i wouldnt say that it works well but it does the job.

Obreathemykiss

I once tried Intuition-I will NEVER use that again. My skin is super sensitive as it is and it was highly irritated after shaving. Plus the soap and the razor only lasted 2 shaving sessions on my legs.

For my private area, I prefer to use men's razors...my legs too. It's an all around better shave, I think. I really like the Mach Turbo-I think that's what it's called. The shave is really close and it isn't irritating. The razors last a while too. I combine conditioner with my skintimate (the best cream IMO) and I have reduced my irritation, razor burn, and ingrowns by at least 50%. I think I'm going to try the vaseline trick next time.

msmack

I also prefer men's razors. I use the Sensor 3. Blades can be expensive but it is worth it in the long run. I only use a fresh blade for shaving my 'bits'/underarms. I wax everything that I can and shave the rest. lol

The Intuition sucks. SUCKS. No precision at all because it's this huge honkin' thing. The only thing I though it was remotely good for was underarms. Even then the results were 'iffy' at best.

purrtykitty

Gah, I cannot shave ANYWHERE (except the underarm) because I get ingrown hairs like nobody's business...and I've tried everything to get rid of them. Waxing works best for me, but it's expensive. Lately I've been using Nair for Dry Skin in the green bottle with aloe. It works really well, doesn't irritate my skin and doesn't smell bad either. I did my bikini line today with fantastic results!

candlesxvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzEmo
i tried this gel for the bikini area from target but it wasnt different from any other shaving products. i used skintimate and the gillette venus breeze. i wouldnt say that it works well but it does the job.

i used that too! WORST product ever. it stinks and its gloppy and just doesn't do anything at all.
right now, i use a thick conditioner. it even works when there's hardly any hair. just put a thinnnn layer on, let it sit for like 30 seconds, then shave! i use the mach 3, like a few of the other girls who replied. venus divine is a close second though.
also, exfoliating down there in the beginning of my shower, then shaving towards the end of my shower really helps a lot too! it doesn't hurt to regularly exfoliate there, it will help prevent ingrowns if you do it the day after you shave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obreathemykiss
I once tried Intuition-I will NEVER use that again. My skin is super sensitive as it is and it was highly irritated after shaving. Plus the soap and the razor only lasted 2 shaving sessions on my legs.

For my private area, I prefer to use men's razors...my legs too. It's an all around better shave, I think. I really like the Mach Turbo-I think that's what it's called. The shave is really close and it isn't irritating. The razors last a while too. I combine conditioner with my skintimate (the best cream IMO) and I have reduced my irritation, razor burn, and ingrowns by at least 50%. I think I'm going to try the vaseline trick next time.

they are so much better than women razors going to give the vaseline a try too
yes.gif