Reaction to Collection 2000 (UK) Glitter Gel Liners - any good dupes?

PurpleCherry

I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a bit. It's my very first post, so I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum. I apologise if I babble, I tend to do that often.
th_crazy2.gif

OK, so, a little back story. Yesterday, I was putting on my neutral-day-look (I use MAC & Bobbi Brown mostly) and I thought since it was sunny and spring is on it's way, I'd finish my eye make up with a pop of colour on my lashline. I reached for my new Collection 2000 Glitter Gel Liner in 'Pow!' (It's a beautiful bright and glittery turquoise.) I put it on and almost immediately, my eye started to sting and my eyes watered like crazy, until I took my make up off (I'd already cried most of it away by that time, anyway!)

I'm gutted, because even though Collection 2000 is a cheap brand, they have an awesome range of Gel Liners in gorgeous bright colours. There's a pile of chemicals listed in the ingredients, so I'm not sure which of those it could be, I just know that my eyes don't agree with the product AT ALL! My eyes are very sensitive and they do tend to water a lot and I have to be careful about what I use. (Thankfully, no MAC or Bobbi Brown product has ever given me such a reaction!)
th_DANCE.gif

So, my question is, are there any good dupes (colour wise, I guess) for these products? Are there any specified eye safe liners to use, for sensitive eyes? I'm in the UK, but I'm able to purchase online if I need to (although my bank balance tells me I really shouldn't!)

Glam Crystal Dazzling Gel Liners ? makeup by Collection 2000

Junkie

Annabelle is a Canadian brand that sells glitterliners - and same with the higher-end brand Lise Watier (also Canadian). I believe NYX also makes glitter liners. MAC used to sell them but they were either LE or discontinued - you can still find a few sellers here on Specktra with them in their sale threads.

Sorry to hear about your eyes! Mine react like that to some pigments as well.

PurpleCherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Annabelle is a Canadian brand that sells glitterliners - and same with the higher-end brand Lise Watier (also Canadian). I believe NYX also makes glitter liners. MAC used to sell them but they were either LE or discontinued - you can still find a few sellers here on Specktra with them in their sale threads.

Sorry to hear about your eyes! Mine react like that to some pigments as well.

It's a shame MAC no longer sell them, because I'd heard about them and have wanted to try them out. It's tough because, since I don't know what's causing me to react like that, if I purchase something expensive and get the same reaction, I've thrown a lot of money (that I don't have!) down the toilet.

I'll search around for Annabelle online and see if I can ship it out here (for not a lot, hopefully!)

Thank you for your help!
thmbup.gif

BadBadGirl

The NYX ones are even better than MAC's glitter liners. Much more product and colors for much, much less.

LisaOrestea

the turquoise one did the exact same to me, itched like hell! I bought it as a replacement for MAC's peacocky liner (which was in my handbag when it got stolen at a festival
ssad.gif
) and I was so dissapointed with the results.

The barry m and body shop glitter liners were good but I think they got DC'd
ssad.gif

I just bought a glitter liner by MUA (superdrugs new £1 range) in the yellow colour. They have a blue too but its not as turquoisey as I would have liked. The range is worth checking out though, I quite like the yellow glitter liner
smiles.gif

MUA Makeup Academy - Introducing our New £1 Make up Range - Exclusive at Superdrug

PurpleCherry

Eeeee, thank you! I'm going to have a look! I'm glad I'm not the only person who's had a reaction to the glitter liners - I'm gutted because it's such a beautiful colour. I had to give it to a friend of mine in the end.

I'm also really tempted to try the NYX ones.. I've tried the MAC liners and they don't irritate my eye at all, so if they happen to come out with glitter liners again, I'll definately be purchasing!