Read this if you live in Washington please!

KikiB

I believe it will open on the 25th because that is when the huge expansion opens.

KikiB

Not to mention this is Nordstrom country, so we are up to our ears in MAC!

(now if only we got a Pro store...)

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiB
.....(now if only we got a Pro store...)

I think we may have had a chance in the past, when the movie/tv industry was begining to discover and fully utilize Seattle. Unfortunately, Seattle just got too expensive and cumbersome to film in (congestion/permitting), so now most head to BC or other areas of Canada to film. So not a big chance of a pro store in our immediate future, if I had to guess (please let me be wrong!!).

On that note, personal pet peeve: I hate it when I see a movie that is supposedly set in Seattle, but the more you watch, you realize it is set in BC. Not that there is anything wrong with BC, it's lovely, I just have massive amounts of Seattle pride. I hate movies filmed in "fake Seattle".

BTW, in case you didn't notice: I
heart.gif
MY SEATTLE!!!
lol.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Two MAC stores in WA? Holy cow. The world may implode. Did we ever think we would see the day?

I seriously never thought we would get a freestanding store! Now we just need one at Bel-Square!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
BTW, in case you didn't notice: I
heart.gif
MY SEATTLE!!!
lol.gif

When are you coming back!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiB
(now if only we got a Pro store...)

Seriously! I would be a happy happy girl if we got a Pro Store!

MAC_Whore

Doooode, MAC store at Bell Square. HEAVEN. We have one of the more rockin' Sephoras there, now we just need a MAC store.

I don't know when we'll get back exactly. DH and I are working on getting out there as soon as we can. God, now I am craving breakfast at the Maltby Cafe despite the fact that it is 2 atm. lol

KikiB

^Bell Square is doing an expansion, I know that they're getting a B&BW next year and a lot of other good stores.

MAC_Whore

Where is it going? Srsly...where is there any space left? That part of Bellevue is stuffed like a fat guy in a pair of Speedos (as in no room left)! lol

Does anyone know if the Larry's market in Bellevue is still open? I thought I heard the one in Kirkland shut down.

KikiB

^My dad worked for Larry's for 20 years and he left in early 2006 right before they went out of business. I dunno if they went out, I know that the Oak Tree location is now an Asian market. I LOVED Larry's, I remember going to the company picnics at Coulon Beach Park (in Renton) and getting the fresh local strawberries in every year. Ironically, the Bellevue store was the one I never went to. My dad worked at Oak Tree, Totem Lake, Queen Anne (he opened that), and Redmond (opened that too) and then also did some stuff at the offices in Tukwila.

As far as the B&BW, it's going to be a huge one because it's a high density store and figure it will be about the size of Alderwood, which is about 1.5 times the size of Northgate, where I work. Just to put it in perspective, when we reopened last July, we were the largest store in the state til Alderwood reopened.

coachkitten

The only Larry's I know that is open is in Redmond by RTC. MAC_Whore I love the Maltby cafe! Yum!

I really don't know where they are going to put more stuff but maybe the will open at MAC store at the new place they are opening the Neiman Marcus store. It is just down the street from Bellevue Square by the 405 junction near Overlake Hospital. I am so excited for Neiman Marcus to open. I love staring at their shoe department!
smiles.gif

It would be so awesome to have you move back here! Keep us posted!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
..It would be so awesome to have you move back here! Keep us posted!

Awww, thanks. I am really looking forward to it.

Mmmmm....Maltby...gigantic cinnamon rolls with creme fraiche, almond-flavoured frosting. mmmmm.....

KikiB

I've wanted to go up that way since that's where the Snoqualmie Ice Cream cafe is, but the only bus that goes up that way is a Community Transit commuter bus so it's pretty much impossible for me. Meh...oh well.

vivalavogue

I work in the southcenter mall, and yes, MAC is opening on July 25th. We're also getting a Sephora here too! Southcenter is about to be the most crackin mall around
smiles.gif
Definetely going to beat Bellsquare
winks.gif

KikiB

I am mainly excited for PINK and Gilly Hicks. Figure I have a Freestanding at very easy accessibility for me, although this won't be too bad. But the first GH on the west coast? The first PINK store in the area? SOLD! I have probably 10 PINK tees, 8 or 9 assorted totes, 12 hoodies, a suitcase, too many of the dogs to count...

Of course I will hit the FS on the 25th, figure it's about time I started off my pro palette.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
I thought this was about my home town of Washington in the UK for a minute there
lol.gif

Nope, other side of the puddle.
smiles.gif