Read this if you live in Washington please!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiB
I am mainly excited for PINK and Gilly Hicks. Figure I have a Freestanding at very easy accessibility for me, although this won't be too bad. But the first GH on the west coast? The first PINK store in the area? SOLD! I have probably 10 PINK tees, 8 or 9 assorted totes, 12 hoodies, a suitcase, too many of the dogs to count...

Of course I will hit the FS on the 25th, figure it's about time I started off my pro palette.

What is Gilly Hicks? I am loving the PINK line of collegiate stuff but they only have UW stuff and no WSU. I am hoping they get some of that stuff soon because I would seriously buy it all. Go Cougs!
smiles.gif

KikiB

Gilly Hicks is the A&F lingerie subsidiary. It's geared towards the same audience as PINK or Aerie, however PINK is more kitschy and fun, Aerie (which is also getting a store) is more basics, and Gilly Hicks is more sensual and romantic as far as the lingerie goes. There is loungewear, the animal in question is the koala but it isn't on every piece. They sell bodycare as well. The website is just a crappy video, and I haven't been to one obviously. I do intend on getting a hoodie or at least one of the koala shirts.

MAC_Whore

You may be too young to remember this, cuz I barely do, but does anyone remember when Bell Square was itty bitty? It had a Nordies, a Frederick and Nelson and a few shops. Remember when the floating bridge had a toll? Remember when Seattle was a quiet little city?

KikiB

I'm definitely too young, although I am old enough to remember when Aurora Village had a Nordie's, a Frederick/Nelson, and so forth-it was an actual mall instead of the strip mall it is now. I was reading through some of the old high school yearbooks my junior year one day in my math class (my math teacher had been at SW since the beginning) and there were things about the choir performing at Aurora Village Mall...heh.

coachkitten

I totally remember when Bel-Square had Fredrick & Nelson's and was a lot smaller than it is now. I don't think I remember when the floating bridge had a toll! It looks like that is coming back pretty soon here. I have lived in Redmond all of my life and I do remember when we only had one movie theatre and where RTC is now only was a ton of land. Redmond has really grown but Bellevue looks like a small Seattle now.

KikiB

I never really go over to the East Side-when I was younger it was cause my dad worked at Totem Lake, and then on occasion when he worked at Redmond. I wouldn't be able to remember the tolls but we kinda will need them if they want to get the bridges done.

My mum has grown up in the area though and she grew up in rural Tacoma, back when there was still the aroma. Ah yes. "The Aroma of Tacoma".

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiB
....My mum has grown up in the area though and she grew up in rural Tacoma, back when there was still the aroma. Ah yes. "The Aroma of Tacoma".

God awful! It truly stunk. I forget what it was. Wasn't it a paper mill or something?

I remember when Redmond was dead. Small and sleepy. If someone had told me there would be a MAC counter there one day, I would have thought they were nuts.

KikiB

Well that's one joke that always gets passed down among us locals...but there's also Rainer Beer and the SLUT, which is now "Seattle Streetcar".

crzyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalavogue
I work in the southcenter mall, and yes, MAC is opening on July 25th. We're also getting a Sephora here too! Southcenter is about to be the most crackin mall around
smiles.gif
Definetely going to beat Bellsquare
winks.gif

Oh thank heaven!! Now I don't have to drive from Olympia to get to 1! Will it open on the 25th too? I also heard there's going to be a BE store @ Southcenter, true?

KikiB

Yes, and yes. Friday is the grand re-opening for the mall with the big expansion (they still haven't released all the names, I know when Alderwood opened they had a thing in the paper, and for Northgate there wasn't enough new stuff), and there will be a BE store there.