really depressed over being really broke

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
thanks everyone.. my interview from friday got postponed until today and i still have one tommorow.. i am so nervous! i know it's only a part-time job but i need it so so badly! this paycheck i am going to be minus $70 (late fees for rent.. i have no idea how to tell my landlord i do not have the late fees! omg, so stressed..)

I would just let your landlord know that you're trying, especially because you've been on job interviews for a part time job. I would also read my lease and know my rights when it comes to your landlord... you have a right to pay rent late up to a certain point , it's in your lease, and he has a responsibility to not harass you. I know for me, in my lease, I can be up to like 25 days late before he can take any legal action.

I hope your interviews are both fantastic!

BEA2LS

thanks everyone! i went to the interview yesterday but didnt get the job
ssad.gif
he said that it would be too much for me working full time and than his job. and to be honest, he's right.. i would work monday - friday 8:30 am - 9 pm. and i have a dog to take care of and all the stuff going on with my boyfriend (see other thread..) it hurt me not to get it but hes right.. :'( i did cry though lol.
but i have another interview today.. this one i actually want more. it is at a craft/stationary store, a creative type place which i think sounds nice. its a brand new store so hopefully they need to hire lots of people and could maybe hire me? i hope so..
my landlord called last night to make sure i pay him today. what a jerk, i've been renting for him for over a year and he always gets his money. there is no date for being late in the lease.. just $35 a week late fee and a five day grace period. so i am giving him $70 extra bucks, ouch.
i borrowed money for that, luckily. money for the late fee and like $100 extra for groceries and stuff.. i just really need this job :'(

BEA2LS

thanks for everyone's support.. i guess i did not get neither job
ssad.gif

my bills are taken care of but i have some other worries..
I have a dog who I loved to death
icon_smile.gif
but lately I have been so poor and it has been so hard to make ends meet.. i just wanted some opinions on this. He needs shots soon and is a tiny bit behind on some preventative care.. nothing major but it is a good $150.00 at least for this. my vet will not work out payment plans. do most vets do that? my vet is pretty cheap for my area - $35 office visit, and maybe $10 or so per shot. But my dog needs heartworm meds and to be tested for other things. i know petco has a clinic but i do not have any idea if it's even worth it. i do not know how most vets work as i have been going to this one for awhile.
icon_sad.gif
please do not think i'm a bad owner, my dog is really well fed and taken care of.. i've just been so broke i have no idea how to get money for the vet. i guess my question is, do most vets work with you? pet health insurance is a no since i still need the money upfront and (as someone rudely suggested!) there is no way i'm getting rid of my dog as i love him. i just do not have any idea how to find a vet who could work out a payment plan.. this is literally keeping me up at night
icon_sad.gif

leenybeeny

I know my vet will do payment plans.. I would definitely call around and see what you can find. Good luck! I can't imagine having to give up any of my babies either...

CherryAcid

I am so sorry you are going through this. I too am trying to get myself out of debt and have moved back home. If this isnt an option for you you could always get a flatmate if that is something you could do.
In regards to food, when i was poor i used to make veg stews and freeze them up for the week ahead/another time. You can make soups and stews very cheaply and they are nutritious enough to keep you going.
Have you thought about handwashing your clothes? I know it is time consuming but it really does save on laundromat bills and if you can hang them out they will smell beautiful.
About actually earning more, i agree you could sell your make-up on here and just keep a few essentials for yourself(you dont want to sell everything that makes you feel good)
Bar work is a great option for weekend and night work and they are almost always hiring and most places pay weekly too. Do you have any factories around your area? I know where i live there are many and anyone(and i mean anyone) can always get a job in them as the turnover is very quick. And the hours are usually really flexible.
I hope some of this has been useful and if not i hope you feel comfort to know that you are not alone in this and that we are always here to offer support.

P/S Get a library card, when times were really tough and i had nothing for myself i used to go take books out the library. It satisfied my craving for something for myself, took my mind off my worries and it is free too!
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

thanks everyone.. it just seems like everyday it's a new bill or new problem
ssad.gif

as stupid as this sounds i just want a really good summer.. i'm actually going on vacation (it's already paid for, it was taken care of back when i had money still..) but i do not even know how that will work out because i'm not really friends anymore with someone who was supposed to go and bleh.
lol sorry, it's just not my year.
thanks to everyone's advice though. it really does help..
for my dog, i probably going to get his shots and stuff at a local clinic because they do not charge office visit fees. so when i have money for that (not much longer) he'll be okay
smiles.gif

i did start to handwash clothes.. but that was a good idea, thanks
smiles.gif
i must say i also did lose at least 10 lb since i can no longer eat out for lunch so that's good
winks.gif

everyone's tips are great! thanks again..

CherryAcid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
i have another lovely update, they are now talking lay-offs at my full time job...

Im sorry to hear that. I know you said you were happy in your job but when i first read your post i thought that you should be looking for a better paid full time job. I would start looking for something, you dont want the added stress of not knowing if you are next x

BEA2LS

thanks, the only problem is my job is actually pretty good, espeacially in this economy i am not sure if i can do much better without finishing college (which i plan to do but i have like 2 years left part-time..)
idk bills keep piling up, i wake up every morning and i am so stressed i can barely breathe...

Miss_MaryMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Are there any bartender/waitress positions available in your area? They are usually well paying and night jobs. I totally feel for you, being in a position where you can't even make payments on the necessities is no fun! Good luck, dearest, I will keep you in my thoughts
heart.gif

As a server myself, I totally agree with this. If you find a busy restaurant you can make like $250 cash every night plus your hourly wage. Do it!

Keep your head up
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

thanks..
i did lose my spirit for the weekend or so. i had a vacation planned (still do) and it's completely paid for, it has been for a long time now.. i considered not going but i will not really get any money from not going so i guess whats the point?
i was so depressed i didnt get out of bed all weekend which i regret now because i could have been finding ways to make money somehow. i did see a doctor and am starting up on welbutrin again (though i am hesitant because i still havent gotten a clear answer on how that affects my nuva ring?)
idk.. i am more positive today though.

TISH1124

Did you tell the Doctor you have a Nuva Ring....they normally do not prescribe meds that will interact ineffectively with your current meds if you make them aware of all medications you are taking. They normally ask you what meds you are taking prior to treating you or prescribing any meds at least every dr I have gone to has

kaliraksha

Being that the vacation is already paid for... you should really go and try your best to enjoy it. Vacationing is exactly what I feel like doing when things suck, but I usually can't because of money... this is already paid for.. you should go guilt free and have a good time... it will totally revamp your spirit!

BEA2LS

thanks.. i just.. i dont know, i cannot believe it has been so long since i wrote this. i opened a new bank (credit union) who automatically signed me up for checks and because i did not know i now have a $28 overdraft fee and i still owe them for the checks! they will not withdrawl. this happened one day before direct deposit and one day after i withdrew money out of my account
ssad.gif
which makes me even more short for rent.. (it was due on the 1st, grace period is the 5th)
my rent has not been on time in months i'm paying $70 in late fees every month
ssad.gif
my internet is about to be turned off because i do not have money for the bill due today (payment arrangement). this was the only luxury i had left..
i am finding it hard to breathe and just feel defeated at this point.
i give up.

TISH1124

It's obvious no offense that the apt you are living in is not affordable for you...Maybe you need to find a cheaper place to live and that will help you meet your rent obligations...or get a roommate for now that can go in half on the rent....Your monthly rent seems to be the main cause of your depression...I would try to figure out how to cut it in half or get it cheaper even if I had to move.

I would not worry too much about the Internet...that is not a necessity...you can always use that at the Library

BEA2LS

it was okay before i lost my part time job and behind on all of my bills.. it is also the cheapest place i can find and it is a tiny studio so i really cannot have a room mate.. also i have a contract that has almost a year left on it. once i get another part time job i know i will be okay.. i just really want to vent.

TISH1124

Well I hope it gets better.....In that case I am unsure as to what other options to offer.....I hope you can find a PT job soon