rec. Mulch replacement

cyens

Hello

I had mulch for a while, it was one of my favorite colors, best brown I've tried...
Untill I develloped crazy allergies to it. So I cannot use mulch anymore, I actually gave it away and got swiss chocolate insted. Swiss chocolate is a beautifull color itself, but cannot replace mulch in anyways.

I realy miss mulch now and I would like to find a replacement to this beautifull color.

Any recs for a warm golden brown with warm undertones like red,
Can be copper or bronze also...
no glitters, I assume being allergic to the glitters ( assuming from the gold glitters in mulch )

Basicly something very similar without glitters

btw: Warm toned skin, dirty blond ( natural color, no dyes ) green/blue-yellow eyes.

Thanks

cyens

LunaY

If you don't mind it not being MAC, Milani Java Bean is a gorgeous brown and it's only $2.99 or so at drugstores. The texture is great, and the color is rich, plus once depotted it fits into MAC palettes.

Sparklevixen81

I know satin taupe is a bit darker than mulch, and both are shimmery browns that I personally love. Check that out and see if you like it.

cyens

LunaY: I think milani is not availeble where I live, since I never saw it in DS

I just looked on mac site & mua

There twinks ( about being like mulch? )
and sable?

Any feedbacks?

thank you

sigwing

cyens, check out Wedge or Cork MAC shadows, for the same shade but matte or satin type. Or Antiqued, a frosty shade, might be close. There's also a bronze something or other that's good, too.

My coloring is like yours, except brown eyes. I LOVE Twinks!

Kat

I like bronze...not exactly the same but achieves a very similar look on me. High colour payoff as well

cyens

I went and look at the store today... and now I have a delima between Antiqued, bronze and twinks...
I'll wait 2 see which one

sable is not golden enought and slightly too pink in my opinion

Kat

The reason i bouhg bronze over twinks and antiqued was that the latter two were a bit too red for my liking...bronze was more of a true brown.

Kat

Well, clearly you need to get more than one...
winks.gif
or decide based on texture....the veluxe pearls suck me in every time!

I found with my pot of bronze that it's quite soft...a lot gets picked up on the brush, and it's my only shadow that has mysteriously chipped a little. Still love the colour though.

cyens

well I spend about 20 minutes choosing it today, and I chose bronze finally.

I got home and put it on and I love the color + the texture. Its silky smooth and blends so well. Plus its the perfect bronzy golden brown, way better then mulch I find!!!! It look realy sexy
smiles.gif
and make my green eyes pop.. No reaction so far also!