Reccomendations for treating keritosis pilaris?

natalie647

I've got very fair skin, so it shows up pretty bad on my arms. I've been using Amlactin, a 12% lotion, the highest I've been able to find without a prescription, but I'm not really liking it. I've only seen minimal improvement in a reduction of redness, but it smell gross (like plastic--ewww!) and tends to sit on my skin without absorbing for over an hour. Has anyone out there had any luck with Eucerine products? I know that they come highly recommended, but I've heard that they're only 10% and under, so I wasn't sure if they were worth trying out. If you know of any other creams/lotions that can help let me know!

rwbey

No luck with Eucerin, but KP Duty by DermaDoctor is AMAZING! The only problem is that when you stop using it, the KP tends to come back. Regardless, I think even though the product is expensive it is completely worth it! I haven't tried the KP Duty Scrub, but have heard that both used together produce amazing results.

I had read reviews that LUSH's Dream Cream is supposed to work well for KP, but I've been using it for about 5 days and no difference yet...

ruthless

Keratosis Pilaris Community - KP Community

I was using a 10% Glycolic? lotion and it did not much for me. I have noticed an improvement when I use a microdermabrasion cream with the fine aluminum crystals. I don't have a lot of bumps, just unsightly red dots. And I don't tan any more, just use self tanners-so micro dermabrading my upper arms fades that fast! Caught between a rock and a hard place.