recieveing wrong items in an order??

sandrrra

I placed and order last week and got it today but one of the color of the blot powder was wrong. I ordered a medium but got a light, I just wanted to know how they go about exchanging that out as it wasn't my fault I received the wrong item in the first place. Id keep it but I think it will be just too light
th_confused_new.gif
. Anyone have this happen to them before, what did mac do about it??

jjjenko

just take it to a mac store and they will exchange it for you. i ordered a pigment online before and after i got it, i changed my mind...so i took my receipt and pigment to the store and exchanged it for a different pigment. i think you can only take it to a freestanding store...but it doesn't hurt to ask a counter

sandrrra

Thats what I was going to do but Ive been so busy lately I don't know when Ill have time to get there. And the closest one is a bit of a drive from my house!

MzzRach

Did you order via the MAC website? Their customer service is great. I would just call them or send them an email letting them know the mistake. They should make it right straightaway.

sandrrra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Did you order via the MAC website? Their customer service is great. I would just call them or send them an email letting them know the mistake. They should make it right straightaway.

Thats what I did! I was just asking here to see how they handled it for other people! Thanks!
graucho.gif

abbyquack

They've forgotten an item before from my order, and they've also sent stuff that when it arrived was either cracked or leaking everywhere. Usually they just say "keep the other one, and we'll 2day another". Very good cs imo.

sandrrra

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
They've forgotten an item before from my order, and they've also sent stuff that when it arrived was either cracked or leaking everywhere. Usually they just say "keep the other one, and we'll 2day another". Very good cs imo.

well that was nice of them. If you return unused stuff my mail do they still have to trash it like they do in stores? because Id hate for a perfectly good powder to go to waste because of a mistake!

MAC_Whore

As others have said, just give online CS a call and they will whip one right out to you. Don't take it to the store to exchange. They will not exchange it, as it is two different systems. The previous poster who was able to do that got lucky.

sandrrra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
As others have said, just give online CS a call and they will whip one right out to you. Don't take it to the store to exchange. They will not exchange it, as it is two different systems. The previous poster who was able to do that got lucky.

really? thanks for the info! I emailed them this morning so if I dont get a response sometime tomorrow Im just going to give them a call!

mizuki~

I think Blot Powders have very little pigment so it might still work for you but if you want, you can just call CS and they'll probably send you the correct one for free

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrrra
really? thanks for the info! I emailed them this morning so if I dont get a response sometime tomorrow Im just going to give them a call!

Honestly, I would just forget the email and call them. emails with them are hit or miss, but when you call, they instantly solve the problem.
winks.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrrra
well that was nice of them. If you return unused stuff my mail do they still have to trash it like they do in stores? because Id hate for a perfectly good powder to go to waste because of a mistake!

yes, it still gets trashed.

Lambchop

They've sent me a completely wrong thing before. I called and they told me to keep it because it was their mistake and sent me the item they forgot next day air.

Latest posts