Reclaiming myself!

laguayaca

Hi I know many have read a post I made about a year ago. I had non stop menstrual bleeding and was finally able to find help and where it came from I was diagnosed PCOS.

PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome, caused me to gain over 50lbs in 2 years but I did not know this I figured Ive always been thick/big boned and I guessed my metabolism decided to slow way down. I worked out but never saw a difference. Instead I saw more acne and depression. So I was finally able to get help I decided to take a homeopathic way to heal myself because I did not want to pump myself with birth control and gain even more weight.

So I dropped all processed foods, fried foods, white sugar and flour. I replaced it for baked or grilled chicken or fish, whole wheat flour, brown rice and natural sugar like agave, sugar on the raw. I dropped 30 pounds and Ive kept it off for a year. I recently hit my 40 pound mark and soon will be at my 50 mark im so excited. Its been a long stressful road but I decided to eat to live not live to eat. That in order for my body to run better I need to give it better "fuel" I am sick of being complacent.

So I decided a week ago I will go on a raw diet meaning only raw fruits and vegetable so far i decided to do this for 15 days but if all goes well I will do it for 30. I did my research and I am not starving myself instead im eating alot during the day. I have plenty of protein…vegetables are a great source of protein when eaten raw. I am also taking spirulina.

I am going to start a new treatment because as of now im infertile due to PCOS so I am going raw not to lose weight specifically but to be healthy and ready for when I start my new treatment.

P.S. I am keeping a vid diary of my raw food journey on my youtube if you want to check it out

My weight this time last year: 197
My Current weight: 155
Goal weight: really it was 145 but why settle? 140 or even 135 wouldnt hurt

Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers
th_DANCE.gif

Junkie

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS too - and I've gained some serious weight over the years and have been unable to keep it off, especially after I hit puberty.

I've tried a similar attempt at the raw food diet and it was very enlightening in terms of what it does to your body as a whole - not just weight loss, but skin improvement, higher energy, better sleep, etc.

I'm excited to see how it goes for you
smiles.gif
I'll definately be one of your watchers. I definately may follow in your footsteps!

Oh, and I found that fruit smoothies in the a.m definately jump start your intestinal/digestive tract! They literally get rid of everything blocked up in you and flush it out naturally - gets rid of soooo many toxins!

laguayaca

Thanks Tiffany its great to have support and accountability =)

For the last year Ive been eating clean. So going raw was not as hard as Id once imagine. During that year I noticed a huge difference. Breakout diminished tremendously, no more PMS, weight loss, I felt amazing. I think it was time to step it up a notch.

Today is my 7th day as a raw foodie =) im so proud of myself im still in shock that me Jeni, is doing this lol.

I have been digesting more regularly way more than when I was eating more stuff kinda weird. I am having green smoothies every morning. They are amazing, like dessert for breakfast.

Today Ive noticed my stomach is beginning to look flat. That little bloated pooch at the bottom of my belly is flatter this morning. Im really excited I wont weigh myself until this wednesday.

Hope yall had a great weekend!

vintageroses

Yays! You inspire me!
smiles.gif
I've put on about 15 pounds since i moved from home to collage
ssad.gif
Not good at all! & i'm try to lose it all! It's so hard! gosh! HAHA But i'll be sure to check your videos out & to follow you!

p.s. I can't do raw food only
ssad.gif
i need meat!

Junkie

smiles.gif
!!

I left comments on your Day 4 video - thats me!

I started today - I'm thinking of weighing myself when I first get up in the morning as my starting point. I'm wondering if I should take measurements too in the meantime. Regardless, my fiance and I have both started the raw food diet and in regards to the lack of meat, he was a little scared lol
greengrin.gif
I told him its fine to sub in a little if he wants - but more chicken or fish rather than red meat. Kinda defeats the purpose for him, but he's a man and is being a baby :p lol.

Do you consume any kind of oils at all? Even small amounts of sunflower, peanut or extra virgin olive oil?

I think the hardest part is coming up with meal plans for everyday, other than the smoothies of course! Those were always the best!

laguayaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageroses
Yays! You inspire me!
smiles.gif
I've put on about 15 pounds since i moved from home to collage
ssad.gif
Not good at all! & i'm try to lose it all! It's so hard! gosh! HAHA But i'll be sure to check your videos out & to follow you!

p.s. I can't do raw food only
ssad.gif
i need meat!

I totally understand that. Trust me it took me a year to transition into eating raw. I first left all processed and fried foods. That eliminates a lot! I also stopped eating pork and red meat. My diet consisted of organic foods mostly, whole grains, and natural sweeteners. I also stopped drinking milk but just recently starting raw I left cheese which was the only dairy I consumed.

So girl dont put pressure on yourself…just take it little by little and take baby steps. Try to be conscious of what you eat and try to make healthy choices. It great that your making the initiative to a healthier you!

Another thing im doing is keeping a food diary it helps you to look back on the days what you eat and more aware. Also if you feel sick the next day or great youll know why and what caused it. One very important thing is to try to drink half your body weight in ounces of water. This will help you tremendously!

laguayaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
smiles.gif
!!

I left comments on your Day 4 video - thats me!

I started today - I'm thinking of weighing myself when I first get up in the morning as my starting point. I'm wondering if I should take measurements too in the meantime. Regardless, my fiance and I have both started the raw food diet and in regards to the lack of meat, he was a little scared lol
greengrin.gif
I told him its fine to sub in a little if he wants - but more chicken or fish rather than red meat. Kinda defeats the purpose for him, but he's a man and is being a baby :p lol.

Do you consume any kind of oils at all? Even small amounts of sunflower, peanut or extra virgin olive oil?

I think the hardest part is coming up with meal plans for everyday, other than the smoothies of course! Those were always the best!

Tiff its great your fiance is doing it with you or at least he is trying not all men would do this. He must surely love you
yes.gif
Like I said above its ok for him to give baby steps. For him to eat a more a natural diet is a start and it improves your health immensely. It did to me over the last year. If he does eat red meat only once a week would be ok and best if it was organic grass fed same with the chicken organic free range.

I consume extra virgin olive oil if you can get organic it would be best. I drizzle that on my salads. Heres a link full of raw yummy dressings:
Yummy Salad Dressing Recipes and More!

I am not at my home I am in Ecuador finishing up some medicals business I had to come and see my progress. I will be back in America May 23rd and will be able to buy more things. theres a lot of products I dont have here for those yummy dressings.

Heres another link of recipes:
Raw Recipes
I havent tried any yet since im not home I dont have the liberty to do as I want in my kitchen.

Everyday I just chop veggies anywhere from 5- 8 and make honey/vinegar dressing or sea salt and lemon and drizzle a bit of olive oil. Nothing real special. I snack on fruit and nuts.

If youre going to consume nuts its a good idea to soak them overnight and eating them the next day they become easier for your body to digest. Make sure you chew slowly and well.

Thats another thing gals, try to become more conscious about how well you chew. Try to chew till you cant no more and swallow. You help you tummy out. Makes you full faster too. It takes me the same time to finish my salad as it does for my cousin and her husband to finish their 2-3 course meal.
tong.gif

laguayaca

Thanks for checking out my videos and joining me :) I need the support! Ill be posting a new one tonight to reflect on my first week!

vintageroses

awwwwwww thanks hun! I might not totally stop eating meat just because i'm like anemic ): I'll def eat more veg & stop eating process food! It makes it so easy since i'm in collage & have got no time at all!
I just checked out your videos!
smiles.gif
So inspirational! & you look so pretty hun!
smiles.gif

Yupp i'm trying to keep a food diary & i do drink alot of water (but i think i've stopped this for the past few weeks! bad me!)

Junkie

Just watched it
smiles.gif

Do you sub in soy or tofu based "meat"? I've used vegetarian beef, hot dogs, chicken, etc and it works great in most recipes. I know you aren't doing it now, but as I read more and more in the raw food diet vs. veganism/vegetarianism, there's a big difference in what is consumed. There are also so many sub-categories for each vs. going 100% RAW.

It takes a lot of dedication to do this, as well as time, money and energy (nevermind willpower!) to do this. Its a little intimidating - especially for me to try.

I've been ok so far (its only been a day). I made a vegetarian chili with soy "ground beef" for my bf. I realize its not something I can eat (since its been cooked). I've been looking up recipes like crazy since you provided those links and it seems like you need so many pieces of equipment to make things (food processor, juicer, blender, dehydrater, etc).

Just wondering I guess what rules you're following for yourself.

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguayaca
Whats your name vintageroses? Im Jeni hello! Try to eat lots of spinach its loaded with iron!

Hi hun!
smiles.gif
I'm Eliza. You can call me Lizzie, Liz, Elle, Elly or just Eliza.HAHA i've got a ton of nick names! mmmmh okays i will do so!
winkiss.gif
thank youuuuuuuu

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Just watched it
smiles.gif

Do you sub in soy or tofu based "meat"? I've used vegetarian beef, hot dogs, chicken, etc and it works great in most recipes. I know you aren't doing it now, but as I read more and more in the raw food diet vs. veganism/vegetarianism, there's a big difference in what is consumed. There are also so many sub-categories for each vs. going 100% RAW.

It takes a lot of dedication to do this, as well as time, money and energy (nevermind willpower!) to do this. Its a little intimidating - especially for me to try.

I've been ok so far (its only been a day). I made a vegetarian chili with soy "ground beef" for my bf. I realize its not something I can eat (since its been cooked). I've been looking up recipes like crazy since you provided those links and it seems like you need so many pieces of equipment to make things (food processor, juicer, blender, dehydrater, etc).

Just wondering I guess what rules you're following for yourself.

Junkieee! This is random but i found yr picture really familiar & i realised i just purchased pigements from you! HAHA I don't know if you remember!hehes. I can't wait for them to arrive.YAYS
smiles.gif

laguayaca

To be honest never tried tofu! im scared of it lol…dont know what it would taste like. I stay away from most soy products. Too much soy is not good for you.

When I eat normal I eat organic free range chicken and eggs, whole grains, all natural things, nothing processed. I also eat lots of veggies and juice in the mornings. If i ate cheese its all natural and raw most the time. I eat chicken only once a day. Drink only water but sometimes buy orange juice. Though i found store bought orange juice makes me gassy so I quit buying it and instead make it at home. Oh and sugar…only sugar on the raw, agave and honey. Sea salt is also best.

Like I said its all baby steps and maybe you can start by eliminating some things and every week eliminate little by little. If you feel its too much to do it all at once.

Right now im just doing strictly raw, meaning I eat a bunch of chopped up veggies switch them up everyday. Since im not in my own home im limited to what i can and cannot do.

honey-gurl

Wow I was 197 in November I'm 169 now and I should be 155 by June 31st which is the weight I was before having my son. I've been working out and cut down calories. But after reading this I'm definitely considering the raw diet. Thanks.
smiles.gif

laguayaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey-gurl
Wow I was 197 in November I'm 169 now and I should be 155 by June 31st which is the weight I was before having my son. I've been working out and cut down calories. But after reading this I'm definitely considering the raw diet. Thanks.
smiles.gif

I am glad we've inspired you!
I am mainly doing it for my health and the weight loss is a plus! It was easy for my to go from 197 to 167 then it got hard…so congrats! Its tough! Yet here we are kicking butt woohoo
th_DANCE.gif

banana1234

i have subscribed to you on youtube, and i wish you all the best, keep up the good work, you are an inspiration

purrtykitty

That is absolutely amazing! Congratulations on your progress, you really are an inspiration. Have you been working out in addition to changing your diet, or is the loss purely from altering your eating habits?

laguayaca

^^^ My first 30 was mainly changing my eating habits I was not allowed to do any workout other than walking under medical recommendations. So thats what I did walked and nothing else really. What im doing now is walking way more and swimming. I feel buff lol! My legs alone must weigh a lot. They are hard as rocks.