Recommendations for a good toner?

S.S.BlackOrchid

Hey, I have combination skin with acne in the dry, cheek areas. Any recommendations for a good toner, hopefully one that's not too expensive? Thanks!

coachkitten

I really like Neutrogena's No Alcohol toner. I have combination skin and it works wonderfully. It is around $6-7 I think. I used to use Clinique's toner but it has so much alcohol in it that I found it super drying!

kimmy

pure witch hazel is a pretty good toner.
smiles.gif
you can usually get it at drugstores for a dollar or two.

stacylynne

I agree w/ kimmy witch hazel is really good, you also can make your own toner w/ witch hazel & tea tree oil.
On your acne spot only, try using organic apple cider vin. On acne only b/c it's very drying

nightinggale07

I have similar skin and I use Thayer's Rose petal with Witch Hazel toner. It's so gentle and, at the same time, does some MAJOR cleanup. Seriously, it's worth it to at least try this stuff!

Yushimi

If you could find it, Garnier - Fresh. It's in a green bottle
smiles.gif
No alcohol in that toner so it won't harsh dry out your skin
greengrin.gif

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi
If you could find it, Garnier - Fresh. It's in a green bottle
smiles.gif
No alcohol in that toner so it won't harsh dry out your skin
greengrin.gif

Did they discontinue this? I cant find it anywhere
ssad.gif

I second the Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner - although I've only been using it for the last 3 days, my skin feels lovely - will update if it breaks me out though.

Lollie

I really like Breath of fresh air and Eau roma water from Lush. Not too expensive and they don't contain alcohol or any other agressive ingredient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinggale07
I have similar skin and I use Thayer's Rose petal with Witch Hazel toner. It's so gentle and, at the same time, does some MAJOR cleanup. Seriously, it's worth it to at least try this stuff!

is this widely available? TIA =)

HerShe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylynne
I agree w/ kimmy witch hazel is really good, you also can make your own toner w/ witch hazel & tea tree oil.
On your acne spot only, try using organic apple cider vin. On acne only b/c it's very drying

I agree Dickenson's Witch Hazel Toner is great, its very cheap, has a very light consistency and has a no scent.

User49

Hi! I like either Clinique Anti Blemish toner (honestly how did I live without it!-it compleately cleared up my acne!) or Lancome do some nice ones that smell lovely and are better for more sensitive skin... x

nichollecaren

I have combination skin, and use neutrogena's pore refining toner...I have eczema, so my skin is very sensitive...I use it with no problems at all. Its definately my HG

aziajs

Another vote for Dickinson's Witch Hazel. You have to be careful where you buy it. I went to Walgreens and it was $6.50 for a 16 oz. bottle. I got the same bottle from Target for $2.50 AND it had a $1 off coupon on it as well.

leenybeeny

I really love the Biotherm one in the pink bottle.. it is alcohol free. It is not really cheap, but I buy it in the giant bottles and it lasts me forever.

MacAtFirstSight

I've been looking for a toner as well and reading this I think I'll try the witch hazel toner. thanks everyone who recommended them
greengrin.gif