recs for highlight/contour powders, and neutral e/s

Luna Selene

Hey everyone,

I apologize if these have already been asked. But anyway...

1. I'm looking for a good highlight and a good contour powder for my NC20 skin, preferably nothing too glittery, and that will look nice on camera.

2. What are your favorite highlight/contour palettes for your professional kit? I plan on getting some of the MAC ones eventually, but in the meantime, what palettes are a decent buy with good color payoff for a range of skintones?

3. I'm getting bored with the same neutrals I consistently reach for (Bisque, Cork, All That Glitters, Woodwinked, Shroom, and Twinks) and would like to expand on my neutral eyeshadows. For an NC20 with light brown hair and brown eyes, what would you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

ForgetRegret

I'm just a tad lighter than a 20 during summer, and my favorite highlighter is Perfect Topping MSF (or Vanilla e/s), and I use Strada blush as a contour. As for getting you out of your neutral rut, why not go for some blues, greens, or other fun colors? You can still make a nice, neutral-ish eye with just about anything, depending on what you pair it with, and how you wear it. A pop of color might be just what you need. If you really do want more neutrals, I'd suggest Vanilla e/s, Soft Brown, Espresso, Satin Taupe, Omega, Naked Lunch, Motif, Era, Knight Divine, and Swiss Chocolate. HTH a little!

MedicalMaladies

I'm an NW15 in winter and an NC20 in Summer (weird, I know), and I find the contouring and highlighting palette from Coastal Scents works great for me (I use the white and the dark brown). If I don't have that on me then I usually use Vanilla pigment as a highlight.

As for new neutrals, maybe try one of the neutral palettes from Coastal Scents? I've got the standard 24 one, and I love it. They also do cool and warm toned neutral palettes, but I haven't tried either of them so can't really recommend them.

Almond_Eyed

For contour I hear NARS Laguna is really good, haven't tried it myself but I believe LisaSz09 has a review on it on YouTube.

For a highlight, Vanilla pigment, it's multipurpose so you can use it for a lot of other things.

To give you reference, I'm an NC30. I highly recommend Satin Taupe e/s. At first I was afraid it was going to be too similar to Woodwinked, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, goes really well with Shroom for a natural look but can be used in the crease with more dramatic colours. I also love Wedge and Quarry, although they're more soft brown matte colours.

HTH

<3

FiestyFemme

I'd recommend you check out Romp, Satin Taupe, Handwritten, and Dazzlelight. I love Romp, Cork, and Dazzlelight together, while Shroom, Satin Taupe, and Handwritten is a great cooler combo, which I'll be wearing today!

LMD84

1- as far as highlights go i like perfect topping msf - it was limited edition but have a look in the clearence bin or the cco and try and get it cheap if you can! it's fabulous! and i also like pearl cream colour base - which is a perm product
smiles.gif

as far as shadows go have you thought about some pigments? blondes gold pigment is a fabulous colour but you can only get it form mac pro. i also love melon pigment.

but if you did want a shadow the dazzlelight is nice - very much like shroom but that little bit more pigmented!