Red, unveven skin tone?

*K_87*

Hi,

During Winter, my skin gets really dry. I can handle this with E45, but I've noticed this winter that my face appears to have red patches on my cheeks and nose. I'm warm toned, and they look really bad, so much so that I have to wear foundation every day. My skin has never looked so bad!

Does anyone have any good reccs as to skin care to calm my skin down?

Thanks

natalie647

If you want something really heavy duty to treat patchy red skin I would try Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough. It's a VERY heavy duty moisturizer that I use only on red patches. I have oily skin so I don't put it everywhere, but if you're skin isn't oily it should be ok to use all over. I used to get this patch right under my lower lip in that little indent. It was a really angry red and was itching and peeling. My makeup would actually crack when I wore it over that area. I used When Hope Is Not Enough every morning and night, a thick layer only in that area, and in just a few days it calmed down and my skin softened. It's pricey, but you can get a sample at Sephora and see if it works for your skin before you buy. You can also try glycerin, which is also a heavy duty moisturizer. You can get it at a drugstore and then just dilute it (it's a very thick syrup type gel) and put it wherever you need. It works very well for red, chapped, or cracked skin. It's a lot cheaper, too. I got a 6 oz bottle for $4. Hope this helps!

Mabelle

If your skin is acne prone i would not suggest the when hope is not enough. If youdont have a problem, go for it!

Using something with a hyloronic acid in it, or some kind of humectant will def. help. Something like rexaline (again, available at sephoras) will help. They are uber moisturizing, but not as rich feeling as when hope is not enough. Ask for samples of both, as your skin might need all the essential oils in when hope is enough.

If you can get your hands on declore makes this AMAZING night balm with rose in it. It is intensly hydrating and calming. we used to sell it as my sephora about a year ago. It changed my skin. If you cant find it to sample it, ask for a sample of ole henriksen's pure perfection, which is a night cream with glcolic and lactic acids. Again, it is very creamy feeling and hydrating. It is good for fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skintone, irratation. your skin will feel like butter the next day.

Also a good moisturizing mask will help. Boscia makes one called moisture pack, and ole henriksen makes a blue blackberry exfoliating enzyme mask that provides deep exfoliation as well as hydration.

Dont forget to exfoliate 2-3 times a week!!

*K_87*

Thanks, unfortunatley I'm from the UK, so no Sephora. I should be able to get them online though!