Refrigerating cosmetics...

Tonitra

I'm going away for two weeks and my apartment tends to get pretty warm, so I'm comtemplating putting my lipsticks in the fridge while I'm gone. Will this hurt them at all? Also, do you think it's okay to keep the creamstick liners in the fridge as well? Since they're pretty soft as well, I'm afraid they might melt. What about shadesticks, eye pencils, etc?
Thanks, any advice is appreciated!

aziajs

I have actually done this before and I think it's a great idea if they are going to be exposed to extreme heat. I used to put my eye kohls in the fridge cuz they were melting and it made them so much easier to use. Does anyone have anyone see a reason not to do this?

P.S. I wonder if you put them in the fridge and then turn the fridge down a bit so that it's not as cold. Obviously, not so much that your food is at risk of spoiling but perhaps a temp that wouldn't be hazardous to the makeup??? I don't know. Just a thought.

Tonitra

^ Good idea. I don't want it to be too cold for my cosmetics...

Ultimately, I just want to be sure that keeping them in the fridge for a couple weeks won't harm them. Although I think it'd be worse to come home to melted lippies! I keep fretting over my Dubonnet as it is, like its a fever stricken child or something. LOL, I keep taking it out and scrutinizing the little beads of moiusture on it.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonitra
^ Good idea. I don't want it to be too cold for my cosmetics...

Ultimately, I just want to be sure that keeping them in the fridge for a couple weeks won't harm them. Although I think it'd be worse to come home to melted lippies! I keep fretting over my Dubonnet as it is, like its a fever stricken child or something. LOL, I keep taking it out and scrutinizing the little beads of moiusture on it.

LOL!!

Lalli

when i went to dubai and pakistan i used to leave me lip therapy vaseline, lippies and eye khols in the fridge, it was damn hot

Ella_

its fine. I actually read that it can prolong the life of your cosmetics. Just be sure to let them warm up a little before using again, otherwise you are risking the lippie breaking off at the base.

moonrevel

It won't do any harm to them at all! I don't have air conditioning, so when it starts to get hot outside I move my lipsticks into their "summer home," which is a shoe box in my refridgerator.

Esperanza

It's highy recommended to put creamy makeup stuff in the fridge when it's hot, to avoid meltdown. I heard that glosses are items which resist the least...

You can put your makeup in plastic bags, and store them in the vegetable tray, so they'll be cool but not too cold.
Otherwise (if you don't want your stuff to smell like cheese
lol.gif
or if you don't have any space left) you can store them in an icebox. It works well too, but careful with the damp (plastic bags are very usefull here)
thmbup.gif

lara

Make-up is fine to be stored in the fridge, as long as it's in a sealed container to prevent dehydration. Just remember to bring your products out of the fridge and let them come back to room temp for at least an hour before using them, so as to prevent breaking anything made brittle from the chill.

sewpunk

wow, what a great idea. I have never though of doing that. Although I read a book called "The Bombshell Manuel of Style" (Kitchy little book) that said something along the lines of ...a bombshell's refridgerator looks more like a vanity on ice, rather then a place for food storage....

wise words eh?
greengrin.gif

Tonitra

Thanks a lot everyone! I'll feel a lot better knowing that its okay to keep them in the fridge, and I won't have to worry about them melting while I'm gone.

juli

I don't think its easy to find one in America but some Asian countries(esp. in Korea) they make these small refrigerator esp. designed for cosmetics and skin care products. I think you would have to go to asian store or mall to find one. I don't think its something you can buy at macy's or fortunoff sorta places. I know my mom has been wanting one ever since it came out but its about $300/400 to whatever... (not sure abt the price. Spending money on cosmetics is enuf but that much $ on a refrigerator?? & just for make up! hmm...
Its somewhat small but not too small. its big enough to store all ur makeup and skincare products in it tho. I am sure this dep on how much u own but I wouldn't think those people who have em put all of their make up in there. Lot of people keep their expensive skin care products and make up in it. I have heard that its better to refrigerate them. it "prolongs the life/quality" of the cosmetic/skincare products. I know some people who have 3 little refrigerators just for their make up and skin care products.
icon_eek.gif
(things that some people are willing to do to look young and youthful... :p)

asnbrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by juli
I don't think its easy to find one in America but some Asian countries(esp. in Korea) they make these small refrigerator esp. designed for cosmetics and skin care products. I think you would have to go to asian store or mall to find one. I don't think its something you can buy at macy's or fortunoff sorta places. I know my mom has been wanting one ever since it came out but its about $300/400 to whatever... (not sure abt the price. Spending money on cosmetics is enuf but that much $ on a refrigerator?? & just for make up! hmm...
Its somewhat small but not too small. its big enough to store all ur makeup and skincare products in it tho. I am sure this dep on how much u own but I wouldn't think those people who have em put all of their make up in there. Lot of people keep their expensive skin care products and make up in it. I have heard that its better to refrigerate them. it "prolongs the life/quality" of the cosmetic/skincare products. I know some people who have 3 little refrigerators just for their make up and skin care products.
icon_eek.gif
(things that some people are willing to do to look young and youthful... :p)

Kind of like that, but maybe you can look into a dorm room sized fridge? They're a couple hundred, depending on size. Also, they make the REAL small ones that are designed for a six pack of soda. Perhaps those would help?

kateisgreat

now i want a minifridge for my lippies.
i left my madame b upstairs yesterday, came down and said awe crap, mom says what and i told her that madame b was sweating. haha.