Replacing my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners?

mysteryflavored

So I've had my BB gel eyeliners for years now -- my mom gave me them back when I wasn't too interested in makeup, and they've been dried out for a while. I've been battling with the texture because I've realized just how amazing the colors/formula are. I would just replace them... but they're so freaking expensive!

1. Any tips on resurrecting dried-out gel liners? There's still a fair amount of product left in them so I feel bad not trying.

2. I have the gel liner in Bronze Shimmer and Chocolate Shimmer Ink -- I don't know what I would do without these two colors, they are PERFECT. Can anyone recommend a liquid/gel eyeliner that's comparable to these colors? Preferably with good staying power and a thin brush if it's liquid? Thanks SO much!

sherox

i've heard that eye drops bring them back to life but i've never actually had that problem. I use Stila Smudge Pots and I love them! They're $18 which is eh for me. I really like fluidlines too I think I'll switch to those when I run out but my smudge pots have a TON of product in it. I think fluidlines are $16? And if you're really on a budget L'Oreal HIP liners are really good, but they're not as creamy in texture as say fluidlines. However, they are only $10 at the drugstore. I heard great reviews about Jane mineral gel liners too but I haven't actually tried those. Hope that helps!

anshu7

here r few suggestion tht i have come across for reviving dried gel eyeliners: visine, glycerine, mac mixing medium, mac fix+ (try only on a small portion first and add just a drop) i hope it works out for u!

mysteryflavored

Thanks girls. I own MAC fluidlines and HiP Cream Liners as well -- my main issue is that the BB gel liners have the most PERFECT colors that I haven't been able to find anywhere else.

I have some Visine, I'll try that!

nikic

If you watch for sales, you can get the HIP as a buy one, get one free. Check Ulta and Walgreens and CVS. It's pretty frequent. They are pretty decent.

I do love the Bobbi Brown ones though!