• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Requested rainbow eyes tutorial

Purity

This tutorial is for juicygirl
smiles.gif

I have to start making my tutorials during daytime, I hate taking pictures with flash!
winks.gif

So, this is the look we're going for:

08-02-188.jpg

Face products used:

2.jpg

MAC loose blot powder in medium, Make up store cover all mix concealer, MAC sheertone blush in gingerly, MAC studio fix fluid foundation in NW35 and NW20, MAC prep + prime.

Eye products used:

1.jpg

MAC blacktrack fluidline, MAC plush lash mascara, MAC technakohl in graphblack, H&M brow fix, UDPP, Make up store tri brow, MAC pigments in vanilla, golden lemon, accent red, primary yellow, bright fuchsia and blue.

Brushes:

4.jpg

Japonesque powder/blush brush, H&M powder brush, Japonesque concealer brush, drug store lash brush, MAC #208, Japonesque #232, Japonesque eye shadow brush, Japonesque lip brush (won't be using this one though, I reused this picture from another tutorial), sponge.

Start with a clean, moisturised face
2.jpg

Apply primer, foundation (I use 50/50 of NW20 and NW35 mixed together, applied with a sponge) and concealer, set with loose powder. A detailed description on how I do this can be found in this tutorial.
3.jpg

Apply UDPP to your lids and blend it to an even base with your fingers. Apply a layer of loose powder under your eyes with the Japonesque 232 brush to catch up any fallout from the eyeshadow and to set the concealer under your eyes.
4.jpg

Grab your eyeshadow brush and primary yellow pigment. Pick some up and work it into the brush by moving the brush in circular motions in the lid of the jar.
5.jpg

Apply primary yellow to the inner part of your lid.
6.jpg

Now work some golden lemon into your brush.
7.jpg

Apply golden lemon over primary yellow to make it sparkle a bit. Comparison between primary yellow with golden lemon over it to just primary yellow:
8.jpg

Pick up some accent red on your brush
9.jpg

Apply it to the outer corner, middle of lid and crease. I applied two layers to make the colour come out brighter
10.jpg

Time for bright fuchsia. This pigment is really bright so you only need a tiny bit of it!
11.jpg

Apply bright fuchsia over accent red to make it more pink
12.jpg

Highlighter time! Clean your brush really well or use another one, then pick up some vanilla on your brush.
13.jpg

Apply to your brow bone and inner corner of your crease to highlight the area next to your nose
14.jpg

Time to blend! I start by blending the yellow and red/pink together. Step two is to blend the yellow into the highlighter to get rid of any harsh lines, then blend the pink into the highlighter, and lastly, blend the pink out towards your temples. I use a windshield wiper motion to blend, using the flat part of the brush when blending colours together on the lid and blending outwards toward the temples, and the pointy part of the brush when blending up into the highlighter.
15.jpg

All done and blended! Now you can brush off that loose powder underneath the eyes and remove eventual yellow colour from the inner corner of your eye.
16.jpg

Rub some blue pigment into your flat angeled #208 brush
17.jpg

Apply as close to your lower lashline as possible. Make the outer half of the line by starting from the outer corner, and the inner half by starting from the inner corner. I apply 2 or 3 layers like this to make the blue really bright. Make sure to extend the line a bit outside the outer corner of your eye, since it will meet up with the top lid eyeliner.
18.jpg

Now you should have something like this. Brush off the blue fallout with a soft powder brush. And don't do like me and put pigment on your eye...
19.jpg

Wipe off that #208 brush and pick up some brow colour, I use a mix of the darker and middle colour
20.jpg

Fill in your brows, starting with the thicker part of the brow. Draw a line along the top of your brow and one along the bottom of your brow, and fill in between the two lines. Then fill in the thinner part of the brow. Set your brows with brow fix and the drug store lash brush.
21.jpg

Pick up some blacktrack fluidline on your #208 brush (can you tell I like my 208?)
40.jpg

Line the top lashline with the fluidline as close to your lashes as possible. I start at the inner corner of my eye and line it almost the entire way out, then I make the little wing by starting from the outer corner and work my way inwards.
22.jpg

Grab your technakohl and line your upper and lower waterline. I use a q-tip to wipe off any eye-goo from the lower waterline before applying, it makes it go on much smoother. It's a bit tricky to line the upper waterline if you're not used to touch your eyes, if you find it uncomfortable, it doesn't make a big difference if you skip this step.
23.jpg

Apply 2 layers of plush lash mascara to both the lower and upper lashes
24.jpg

Apply some moisturizing clear lip stuff, I use the body shop lip butter.
25.jpg

Apply some blush to the apples of your cheeks and the chin bone, blend well. Don't go overboard on this step since the eyes are in focus, we only want to give the cheeks a bit of glow.
26.jpg

And you're done!
08-02-184.jpg

08-02-186.jpg

08-02-183.jpg

dr.kitten

wow! what a gorgeous & vivid look just by using a few key colors. love the blue on the bottom lash line too, makes your eyes pop!

juicygirl

OMG YOU ARE SUCH A SWEETHEART!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! &&you were so quick about it too! i look forward to seeing more tuts from you &&as soon as i try this look, i will post it for you to see. also, i think you should enter this into the tutorial contest, its awesome! thanks again!

-----hannah<3

Purity

juicygirl: You're welcome sweetie
smiles.gif
Looking forward to see your version of it! I've already entered one tutorial for the tutorial contest this month, but maybe I want to switch it to this one... Hm.

Jot

great tut
i did a version of this look today but couldn't get the lower lash so sharp! now at least i have a clue how you did it.
thanks
x