Reserving Items at MAC

makababy

I have a question. Is it possible to call in and reserve items at a free standing store? How about a counter? I ask because I've been hearing people saying they've reserved items and pre ordered stuff from upcoming collections (example: to the beach).

I called a few stores and they said no which is weird since I know people have done so. I have been advised to reserve a few items from to the beach to ensure I get my hands on it on Thursday (esp. Marine Life.. ugh it sold out in an hour)...

Thanks for your help. I hope I am posting this in the right place.

Susanne

I think it might help to have personal contact to a MA at the store or at the counter.

Collections are very limited in stock at the moment, so they don't reserve in general I think.

LMD84

yes i agree with Susanne. perhaps if you have an MA that always helps you and you are very friendly with you could go into store and ask them to reserve some bits for you. but if not then perhaps you can't reserve. i have also heard from people on specktra that sometimes they were told items were reserved yet when they got to store half the items weren't there anyways!

makababy

Thanks guys for your help. It seems that you really just have to find a friendly MA, as you are suggesting. I called about reserving an item and was met with a bit of attitude (as well as misinformation regarding the release date of a collection).

Went to the counter two days later, and the MA I spoke to confirmed that was indeed possible and that she would do it for me without a problem. Which is good to know for future collections.

Thanks again ladies!