Returning a product back to MAC

Elusive21

So I want to return back an eyeshadow tomorrow - but I've never returned a product back to MAC
th_dunno.gif
(I'm a little nerveous about it as well)

So my hubby went to MAC today (while I was at home watching movies) and got me 4 eyeshadows that he was pretty sure I didn't have. I got really excited when he gave them to me and opened them up and immediately swatched them. Unfortunately, it was after I swatched them that I noticed that I already had one of them: Moon's Refleftion.

I want to return M's Refelction tomorrow and I was wondering if they would even take it back since I used it once already. I really don't want this colour and would rather exchange it for Hepcat or Beauty Marked. Can I do this? I've never done this before.

I hope the MAs aren't going to be mean to me. . .

SpeckyBecky

Hi!

Don't worry they won't be mean to you!

As a MAC MUA, I can tell you that all you need is the box and/or receipt to return it. However, you can exchange it too and get a different fun color that you don't have!

But believe me, we get returns all the time. People always have buyers remorse.

Becky

purrtykitty

Aww, sweet hubby! As SpeckyBecky said, you should have no trouble returning the shadow. MAC has a great return policy.

LMD84

yes, mac has the best returns policy
smiles.gif
it's great for people with an issue like yours... just sucks when others take advantage of it. and what a sweet hubby you have!

January

So sweet of your husband to do that!!
smiles.gif

Just to add to what the other girls said - returning shouldn't be an issue. I've never had to return an eyeshadow, but I was behind a girl in line that was returning an eyeshadow for being too shimmery... she explained that she tried to wear it a few times and it just wasn't her. The MA was super nice about it.

AmberElizabeth

They let me return the Studio Scuplt foundation I used 3 times. Broke me out like no other and MA appologized like she was the one that formulated it or something lol... She took it back no problem and helped me find a new foundation!

lekzie

They're usually pretty great with returns!

Lately, I've been to MAC so many times and every other time is a return because someone gave me the wrong color and it turned out to be a color I already had as well. I should start checking my bag before I leave. Maybe one day I'll learn... but they've just apologized and swapped the colors out for me with absolutely no problem.
thmbup.gif

They only time I've ever seen them turn someone away was a lady who had a quarter of an eyeliner left, from a year ago, and she wanted to return it because she didn't like the color anymore.
lol.gif

Elusive21

Ok girlies, I went there and exchanged that eyeshadow for Swimming, which I am very happy with at the moment. For some reason I really gravitate towards lustres when I have all thos eyeshadows in front of me, I jus think that they're so pretty.