Returning Unused Unopened Items?

ellesea

I just bought Mint & Olive eyeliner and now regret it. I want to wear it on my waterline but I have contacts so I don't think that'll work but I heard that anything returned to MAC is disgarded? I don't want to return if my unopened, unused item is going to be chucked. I actually haven't even opened the case, yet.

Tell me that's not true so I can return it without guilt!

amoona

Yea it will be sent out and destroyed and then whatever they can recycle they will. Once I found this out I regretted every returning anything lol. It makes me sooo sad.

You can always sell it on here.

giz2000

Yep...it won't be resold, and put in the return bin to go to Never Never land...
ssad.gif

Holly

Yep, itll get tossed no matter what. If you really want, you could sell it in our clearance section to a fellow specktra-ette, or on mua or ebay. hth

ellesea

^ darn it, i was hoping i could just return it so i can get 100% of my money back.
ssad.gif
oh well, guess i'll just use it when i'm not wearing the contacts. thanks guys!

MaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesea
^ darn it, i was hoping i could just return it so i can get 100% of my money back.
ssad.gif
oh well, guess i'll just use it when i'm not wearing the contacts. thanks guys!

You can return it to the MAC store and get 100% of your money back as long as you have the receipt.

glittergoddess27

I am actually not sure if Soft Sparkle pencils are waterline safe for anybody?? You might give the Safety and Precaution forum a look-see,....but yes you can return it to MAC with a receipt and get a refund,.. and yes they throw it out even if they can verify that you did not use it. I suspect that is a fail safe to prevent law suits from product tampering issues.

little teaser

why would you have guilt on returning it? you should have more guilt that you keep it and never use it... mac can take a lost better than we can..

girl go get your money back...asap

maxcat

Nope.
They're logged, inventoried, shipped back... and then there is an insurance write down on them.

eco

There is def. a thread regarding the softsparkles being unsafe for the waterline.

it's absolutely a no no because those little chunks of glitter would scratch your eye and possibly cause some major damage.

charismaticlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
Nope.
They're logged, inventoried, shipped back... and then there is an insurance write down on them.

I don't get it... I thought returned items were thrown in the garbage bin. Or is that a bin for returned items only?

BTW, do all returned cosmetic brands toss their returns in the bin? I'm planning to exchange NARS Misfit to Sephora and I was wondering what would happen to it.

calbear

all returned items go into a bin (typically something that looks like a garbage can) that is sent back to MAC for recycling - the products are not put back on the floor and we employees do not get them. They will dump the product and recycle what they can.