Revlon Skinlights!

kimmy

what is this? is it a tinted moisturizer? what kind of coverage does it give?

TIA :loveya:

..kels*

"Instant luminosity from a pump. This sheer, oil-free*, lightweight skin-brightening lotion feels silky smooth. The unique formula features light-reflective crystals and skin-enhancing minerals to instantly brighten skin, soften flaws and boost radiance. Wear it over bare skin for instant luminosity, or with foundation for luminosity with more coverage Vitamins A, C & E and SPF 15 help improve and protect skin.

* No animal, mineral or vegetable oil"

it's a liquid highlighter. they call it an "instant skin brightener". i use it after my moisturizer to highlight my cheekbones & whatnot. i tried putting it all over my face when i first got it but that just made me look like a shiny, reflective mess. i'd say it's similar to an MSF but in liquid form. HTH!

kimmy

ahh thank you Kels
smiles.gif
that's exactly what i needed to know!

Shimmer

if you check out tuts by misschievous you will see how she uses them and her skin looks AMAZING.
smiles.gif

One thing to be aware of is that too much = a SHINY mess. :/

daisydeadpetals

I just picked some of this up and I love it! I put a small amount just on my cheekbones under my foundation. But like Shimmer said, it has the potential to make you look discoball-ish if you use too much or use it all over!

Naturellle

I just picked this (skinlights Instant skin brightner) up as well in golden light and it is great imo! It gives me a nice natural dewy glow that isn't too glowy and great for an everyday look. I usually use MAC moisturegleam to achieve that extra glow and I think that skinlights is comparable to the moisturegleam. I used it on my whole face(except my eye contour area) and it wasn't too shiny. I guess it depends on how much you use.

Kiwi Girlie

I use this everyday Under my foundation, it makes my skin look glowy and fresh
smiles.gif

I'ts one of the best Liquid highlighters i've tryed.

prinzessin784

before I could afford MAC (like way back in high school) I used this all the time and it looks beautiful on, the only problem I had was it made my skin itch.

Jinjer

I use this in Golden Light! Love it..I actually use it all over my face and don't have a problem with it at all

Kimberleigh

I have this in bare light and natural light (personally, I can't see much of a difference :/ ) I use one or the other every day; I love them!

sandsonik

I bought this in bare light but I'm not too sure how to use it yet. I know it doesn't work for me all over my face, so less is better. My question; will it work under a BE mineral foundation? That's my usual foundation. I also want to try it mixed with moisturizer, another tip I've read.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik
I bought this in bare light but I'm not too sure how to use it yet. I know it doesn't work for me all over my face, so less is better. My question; will it work under a BE mineral foundation? That's my usual foundation. I also want to try it mixed with moisturizer, another tip I've read.

Yes, it WILL work with BE. That is how I use it. I actually sometimes apply it lightly all over my face with some moisturizer, underneath BE because it mattifies it a bit so it doesn't look discoball-ish.
lol.gif

It's not a foundation at all, I compare it more to MAC Strobe cream, only the Revlon Skinlights has some pigmentation in it whereas Strobe cream is colourless.

I don't use it everyday, more when I'm going out at night or when I want a bit of a glowy look. You don't need to apply a lot, I use like 1 pump for my entire face.

Katja

I heard this was being discontinued, so I've been eyeing it for like a week. I think I'm gonna get some in Golden Light

Katja

I ended up with the Natural Light because they were all out of Golden Light. I really like it so far, but this is the first day I used it. It's easy and smooth to apply, but I'm not so sure it has much of an effect on me. I only used a small amount though.

daisydeadpetals

I'm so mad these are being discontinued....
my sister said she saw them at walgreens buy one get one free- definitely worth checking out but I'm not sure if they're still on sale =)

circe221

There are 2 types of skinlights - the actual foundation, which comes in different shades like any foundation, and the brightener, which is more like strobe cream. The brightener also comes in shades, but not like foundation colors.

I, too, am upset that this is being discontinued. I am going to scour my local drugstores to see if I can snag a few before they disappear.