Ricepaper vs Nylon

thewickedstyle

I'm not sure if this thread should go here or under recommendations, mods, so feel free to move.

I watched a lot of youtube tuts this week while I was home sick and I noticed so many ppl using Ricepaper. It's gorgeous and I really want it, but I was wondering if it's best for warm toned girls?

I'm very cool so I was wondering if I'd be better off with Nylon. How do they compare? TIA

juliankrby

ricepaper is kindof like a peachy gold color I think and nylon is more like a pale icy shimmer. I prefer nylon over ricepaper. I love nylon
smiles.gif

messhead

I have both of these and I use them both all the time.

Highlight-wise, I think Ricepaper is better for darker/tanner faces, because it is a darker highlight color as Nylon is the opposite. IMO.

nunu

i use ricepaper all the time as my highlight. However, when i am wearing greens or blues and want the whole eye look to pop i wear nylon because it is kind of shimmery.

xoleaxo

i'm tan/warm toned and i like ricepaper because it highlights without looking like a really white, shimmery highlight. it's subtle. plus the texture is just gorgeous. it's my favorite e/s
smiles.gif

KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliankrby
ricepaper is kindof like a peachy gold color I think and nylon is more like a pale icy shimmer.

I totally agree with that. They're both really quite different. Since I'm fair I can wear Ricepaper as a lid shade if I'm going for a barely there neutral look. Nylon is much more shimmery and on me sometimes looks almost yellowish. HTH

Honey B. Fly

id go with nylon as a highlight, its so shimmery it makes ur eyes sparkle.

ricepaper is beautiful too though but i love nylon much more.

Growing Wings

I don't have rice paper, but I love nylon. It's one of my favs to use on my inner lid that really helps me look awake. I get loads of compliments on my makeup when I wear it.

User67

I have both & think that you can use either one depending on what kind of look you are going for.

tendresse

I have both as well but I can't really use ricepaper as a highlight as it seems far to warm, however for a very nude shadow or to pair with nudes neutrals and browns I love ricepaper, I'm an nw20 with brown hair and eyes btw..

MisaMayah

I love ricepaper its the only highlight colour I keep going back to.

As you say you're of a cooler tone id go with Nylon. But its always nice to go into MAC and try both on to see what you like best!