Rich Metal Highlighters-new question, old product

nychick1384

Ok, I know the Rich Metal Highlighters are kinda old, but I picked up two at my local CCO a few months ago and I need a little help. I cannot get them to not crease on my eyes! I've tried primer, primer with a paint pot, concealer and foundation underneath the primer. It always creases. I really love the colors I got, but I want to be able to use them without my eyes ending up a big 'ol creasy mess within two hours. Any suggestions?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Ok, I know the Rich Metal Highlighters are kinda old, but I picked up two at my local CCO a few months ago and I need a little help. I cannot get them to not crease on my eyes! I've tried primer, primer with a paint pot, concealer and foundation underneath the primer. It always creases. I really love the colors I got, but I want to be able to use them without my eyes ending up a big 'ol creasy mess within two hours. Any suggestions?

I don't think they were really intended for use on the eyes. It was my understanding that they were face highlighters, which is why they may be so emollient that they are creasing on your eyes.

nychick1384

I don't think they were really intended for use on the eyes. It was my understanding that they were face highlighters, which is why they may be so emollient that they are creasing on your eyes.
Thanks! These came out quite a while before I got into MAC so I wasn't super positive what they were supposed to be used for. But when I saw them at the CCO the colors were gorgeous! Thanks for your help.

Twinkle_Twinkle

No problem. If you go to the Color Stories Thread and scroll down to 2008, you'll see "Colour Forms - Nordstrom Anniversary Collection", and that is one of the collections that these came out with and it has a short product description. I hope you can find a use for them though!

LMD84

yup these babies are used on the face and cheeks. i guess there is nothing to stop you using them on your eyes, but creasing will be an issue. do you use a primer like udpp before you use them? if not give that a go and see if they last longer on you :)

katiekatxoxo

I have deep deposit and I cant figure out what to use it for (the deep metallicy plum colour)... any suggestions? NC40-47

nychick1384

I have deep deposit and I cant figure out what to use it for (the deep metallicy plum colour)... any suggestions? NC40-47

I have that one too. I have Deep Deposit and Dark Influence. They both really beautiful colors I just hope I can find a way to make them work for me.

LMD84

^ maybe you can also try adding some translucent powder over the top of them when on the eyes to stop them creasing as much perhaps?

nychick1384

^ maybe you can also try adding some translucent powder over the top of them when on the eyes to stop them creasing as much perhaps?

I'll give that a try. I've been using them over primer and a paintpot and set with eyeshadow, but if they get anywhere near my crease...well it's crease city baby.
thud.gif
I really want to make these work because they're really beautiful colors, but I may just be stuck using them as an eyeliner.

katiekatxoxo

Hmmm never thought of using them as eyeliner.. /: maybe I'll try that out as they really are gorgeous colours but I cant wear metalic plum on my cheeks without looking deranged.

LMD84

I'll give that a try. I've been using them over primer and a paintpot and set with eyeshadow, but if they get anywhere near my crease...well it's crease city baby.
thud.gif
I really want to make these work because they're really beautiful colors, but I may just be stuck using them as an eyeliner.
oh yes! using them as an eyeliner is a great idea!