Rimmel's version of a Shadestick???

roxybc

I was browsing through the Rimmel stuff today and I found these jumbo eye liner thingy's that were more like a shimmery crayon. I really liked the colors, and I think they were called "All Over Color Sticks". They seemed to apply very nicely to my hand and I think they would make a great base, as they are a little bit softer than MAC's shadesticks.

Has anyone tried these before? I couldn't find any reviews for them on MUA (I checked under eye shadows and eye liners). I'm just wondering if they would crease, cuz I love that MAC shadesticks don't crease, but I don't like how they tug on my eyes (I'm too lazy to heat them up every time with a hair dryer btw)

bottleblack

There was some Mary Kate & Ashley stuff on clearance at Wal-Mart and they had some all-over thick pencils like that - they went on really sheerly and were basically not at all the same texture as a shadestick. I haven't tried any other brands though.

calliestar

I have a champagneish goldish one that I used under my neutral-y gold-y bronze-y eyeshadows before I got my beige-ing shadestick that I love. I also used it for the longest time under lipgloss because I could never find a pink lipgloss with gold flecks anywhere around here. Worked like a dream and as long as you use a balm under it it wasn't too drying.

hyperRealGurl

Rimmel All Over Sticks are awsome.. i own 3 of them... if im not using my Prep&prime for my lids i use the Rimmel All Over Stick works great... Sometimes i use it with piggies too helps it stick better

roxybc

Oooh thanks girls! I thinkI'll have to buy a couple next time I'm out!

So they don't crease though right??

AudreyNicole

Hmmm, I have one and never used it as a base. I use it in the inner corners of my eyes. I wil try it out as a base tomorrow!
smiles.gif

user79

I've found Rimmel eye stuff to be junk. I haven't tried that particular product, but I bet it doesn't have the pigmentation and lasting power of the Shadesticks and creases in no time.

roxybc

I was bored yesterday sp I ended up buying a peachy pink one cuz my Pink Coture shadestick is all used up. I applied it to one eye last night and wore it for about 4 hours and it didn't crease. I'll try it out for a full day tomorrow maybe. I'm definitly not thinking they would be as good as a shadestick, but I've been using paints a lot more lately and don't really feel like buying a new shadestick right now, so I thought this could be a good substitute for the moment.

holly_ho

I have three of the Rimmel All Over Color pencils. I find that they all look almost the same on my eyes (I have the light pink, and two of the neutral-ish colors), but I just use them as a base mostly. I don't put them on very high up on my lid because they do crease, but if you keep them more near the bottom they work pretty good as a base, not as good as UDPP, but they get the job done!

myrifle

I have the light green one, don't get it LOL. It looks great swatched on my hands but was incredibly hard to put on the eyes, barely got any color.

I LOVE the Exaggerate eye crayons though, their smooth to apply and last great. Wild Thing makes a pretty natural looking high light.