Rumored Nikki Minaj/MAC collaboration

sss215

I just read about this, this morning. Any thoughts??

Not that much of a fan, but I like MAC and celebrity pair ups, especially with women of color. If this happens I can see this being a very popular item. Looks like it will be a fun color. Hopes its wearable for me, cause if so I will be looking into getting it.

http://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor....o-produce-a-nicki-minaj-pink-friday-lipstick/

http://www.blaqvixenbeauty.com/Nick...Pink-Friday-4-Lipstick-MAC-Cosmetics-11983245

here is a link to the colors, pink noveau and girl about town mentioned in the article.

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010...f546a945f2_Girl_About_Town_x_Pink_Nouveau.JPG

sasse142

Yes , I saw it on Wendy show. Very pretty bright pink. I emailed mac for an exact release date but they just told me to check online on 11/22 to sign up for the lipstick update. But I'm excited and can't wait to order.

sss215

Hmm...it doesn't seem that unique. I'll wait for swatches.

of course! its not unique at all, its not catered to true die hard MAC/makeup fans. Its mainly for her fan base... teens, tweens, young people who will buy into it and aren't that committed to high end makeup yet. its starter makeup, something fun, cross promotional. i say good call for MAC, cause i predict its going to sell well. i wonder how much they will actually have. i think it will be extremely limited.

DILLIGAF

of course! its not unique at all, its not catered to true die hard MAC/makeup fans. Its mainly for her fan base... teens, tweens, young people who will buy into it and aren't that committed to high end makeup yet. its starter makeup, something fun, cross promotional. i say good call for MAC, cause i predict its going to sell well. i wonder how much they will actually have. i think it will be extremely limited.

In that case..... PASS!!!!
More money for something else.

urbanD0LL

i love MAC but honestly they seem to be way more about making money more than anything else =\ , i'm just sayin ' ...

DILLIGAF

i love MAC but honestly they seem to be way more about making money more than anything else =\ , i'm just sayin ' ...

In the end its still a business. I'm sure this will be a gateway to MAC for a lot of new people though. Like I said some where else on this board, I have St. Germaine, Pink Nouveau, and Lady Gaga so the question becomes do I NEED another candy pink?

HeavenLeiBlu

*blank stare*

While I love to support a cosmetic company promoting an item featuring WOC, this is wack. This sounds half assed and thrown together at the last minute. They could've come better then this boring shit. I also suspect this is a weak attempt at a do-over for the Rodarte debacle.

urbanD0LL

i do understand it's a business but at the same time i find their sales/marketing ways kind of overwhelming . at the end of the day yes of course it's up to the consumer to decide whether they want to buy something or not but idk , that's just my take on that side of things .
that latest Nicki Minaj release proves my point exactly . and at least they could have came out with cute packaging , AT LEAST .

sss215

*blank stare*

While I love to support a cosmetic company promoting an item featuring WOC, this is wack. This sounds half assed and thrown together at the last minute. They could've come better then this boring shit. I also suspect this is a weak attempt at a do-over for the Rodarte debacle.
I like it. Nikki wears so much make-up that it all makes sense no matter how the ball bounces. Her fans are MAC fans. I hope its a successful launch. Its been a while since MAC has worked with a WOC so closely, So I applaud.

Ashleybubbles83

i think i'll pass on it, but it is cool to see MAC and Nicki work together so closely. At the same time I feel like this was pulled together like last week, lol.