Sakura Pigment

wolfsong

Sellers negative/neutral feedbacks:
Negative/Neutral Feedback received by cosmeticland0

Ive never heard of a pigment called that, though i have heard of a Stila trio by that name.
The seller has items that cant be faked/havent been faked before, so they arent an obvious counterfeit seller.
This could be a working name, or from an upcoming/old collection (im not clued up with LE collections). If this is the case, they would have mentioned it.
I would personally ask what collection it comes from, the batch code (you can find out the year from the number of the last digit - thus checking that it comes from the time of the collection/what collection, if the seller doesnt know), and for more photos (clear ones of the jar base, the top of the box etc).

There was/is a series of fake pigments around with shade names stolen from MAC eyeshadows (juiced, mythology etc).

ambriel

Thanks for your replies.

I've emailed the seller asking what collection it's from and for the batch code on the bottom of the pigment jar. I'll post the response when / if I received one.

aziajs

It could very well be a working name or new name for a product that has been launched or is soon to be launched. We have seen that to be the case several times now.

MAC_Whore

MAC has never released a Sakura pigment. I haven't heard of it as a WN, but I don't know all of those. I am curious to see how the seller responds.

rchickos

I doubt it's fake. The seller says that it's marked as a sample, which I've never, ever seen before in fake pigments. It wouldn't surprise me if, like said above, it's a working name for a previously released LE pigment.

ambriel

I received this reply from the seller...I will post the photo when she sends it. If it is a WN, any idea what colour it is?

"THIS IS A SAMPLE JAR SO IT DISPLAYS SAKURA (WN) SAMPLE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE JAR. SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AN A NOTE STATING TO SEND YOU A PIC OF THE BOTTOM OF SAKURA SO I CAN SEND IT TO YOU THANKS"

HOTasFCUK

Looks like a nice colour...kinda reminds me of Lily White. I think i would hold off paying $46 for it because if it does eventually get released, you can get it for retails which is less then half of what they are selling it for!

Another thing, a few months ago i posted about the same seller about a jar of lily white that was priced $13.95. Something felt fishy about it and i didn't buy it. I find it weird that they have some pigment for $13.95 then they have melon (which is always available!!) for like $24!

ambriel

I received the photo from the seller. to me it looks legit anyway. Any thoughts?

sakura_pigment.jpg

redambition

Hi armyguyswife and welcome to Specktra
smiles.gif

Thanks so much for your assistance in this thread - we do appreciate all the help we get with IDing counterfeits. There is one thing to take note of - above the avatar (user picture) on each post is the date the post was made on the forum. It's can be hard to notice when you're reading through a forum (it always takes me a second to remember where it is when I'm trying to find a post date.)

This is an old thread (2008), so hopefully the the issue was resolved quite some time ago. That said, thanks again for your input and I do hope you continue to help us out over here in Counterfeit MAC land!

armyguyswife

Yes,I saw the date...but in the future if someone ever has the same issue,does a search, the answer will be there.I figured it could save someone a lot of time & trouble in the future.....thx