Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy

onezumi

I'm a big fan of Carmindy from TLC's What Not to Wear. I just got her newsletter that says she just released a makeup line with Sally Hansen. Has anyone seen it/tried it yet? Its supposed to be at CVS.

What does "inspired by" mean anyway? I heard it was her line but that just sounds like they licensed her name. I will try it ASAP, but I'm a little disappointed...I expected a Sephora line or something actually totally by her. Oh well I heard Sally Hansen is a good brand. I'll try it first before finally judging it.

I'll try to find a full product list.

n_c

I just got the same email too...im trying the foundation as i see good reviews on it on mua.

S.S.BlackOrchid

I saw this line at Ulta. I didn't buy anything because I have a lot of foundation and powder, but it looked like they had a shade that would match my skin so I'm interested. And I usually love Sally Hansen lip stuff (the Diamond treatment glosses are great).

Temptasia

I've heard really good things about the foundation...I am not sure if it is offered in Canada yet.

msashlay

I bought the foundation, a blush, and pressed powder.

The pressed powder gives a lot of coverage, like MAC's Studio Fix. The foundation is my favorite part though. Very good coverage and nice natural finish, like Dior's Forever foundation.

It's a pretty extensive line with pressed powder, loose powder, liquid foundation, color correctors, concealer, bronzer, powder blush, cream blush, face primer, and eyeshadow primer.

onezumi

I didn't try a foundation, but I tried a lipstick and lipgloss. I am returning both. The gloss smelled weird and the lipstick looked bad on me. The lipstick was very pigmented. This is good, but less forgiving if you buy a shade without trying. In the case of the lipstick I bought, it would have suited a whiter skintone than mine. Many shades of lip products look like they were formulated for very white skin - or maybe the rest were out of stock at this Ulta.

They seriously need testers for this line!

KellyBean

I don't think it's available at Target, no, but I've seen it at CVS. I kind of dislike the packaging but I've never tried anything. I want a cream blush as they're supposed to be comparable to MAC.

noahlowryfan

i want to try the foundation but i don't have a CVS near me so I have to either go to different Longs and Rite Aid locations to see if they have it or buy them at Ulta.

greeneyedaddict

I agree with the post about the lippies smelling bad! I returned 2. Also, the blushes have noticeable shimmer (which doesn't work for me).

liv

The foundation is excellent. The lightest color, Porcelain, is a great, neutral shade for pale gals like myself. It's lighter than MAC 15 shades, and again, more neutral than both of them. The coverage is a nice medium when applied normally, but it can be sheered out with moisturizer or layered without caking.

The only bad thing I can tell is that the bottles are frosted, which makes them prettier, but harder to tell which color you would match best in. I always take the lightest shade in every line I've tried, but I can see how it would be hard for more medium skinned girls to find the right match. Also, it seemed limited for darker skinned women, so maybe expanding the range is on the horizon if it does well.

babyso

This foundation and pressed powder are my HG combo! They last forever on my oily skin through a long day of work. I love love love this stuff and cannot rave enough about it. I've only been able to find it at CVS and Ulta, and they are a bit pricey for d/s products, but I'll gladly pay the prices for products this great!

MzzRach

Funny I should see this thread - just picked up a Natural Shine Lip Gloss in Bronzed Berry and an Eye Palette in Quartz.

Quality is pretty decent - the shadows have a creamy consistency, especially for a drugstore power shadow. The lip gloss goes on very sheer, with fair staying power.

So far so good. The line is 25% off at my local Longs Drugs this week.

MACLovin

I have the concealer, and I really like it! It gives decent coverage while still looking natural. I usually use the 194 brush and dot it around my eyes, and then blend with my fingers. good stuff
yes.gif

chamichams

Here is a link of where to buy

Sally Hansen Natural Beauty - Where to Buy

Here in California it is available at Ulta, CVS, Longs and Rite-Aid.

I've seen them at Ulta and CVS but not yet at Longs and Rite-Aid.

I think her line is way above drugstore quality. I have tried a few of her products.
Here's my review:

Natural Shine Lip Gloss - I bought the sweet pink lip gloss. The scent has this sweet smell to it but not overpowering. It is also pigmented enough that its a good day time lip gloss. Lastly, it has a brush applicator which I prefer rather than a sponge tip applicator.

Always Perfect Liquid Liner - This is not Urban Decay liquid liner but it is still good for the price. I bought the black liquid liner. Its not as black as I want it to be but it does stay on the whole day. The applicator is a tapered thin brush applicator. Its not as thin as Urban Decay's but it still does a decent job when it comes to achieving a thin line. My only complaint is the brush got smashed inside since I screwed on the lid too tight (brush came in contact with the bottom of the tube). It now has a funny looking shape to it.

Lift and Define Mascara - I was really surprised how this lengthened my lashes. It does a superb job with lengthening but not so much with volumizing. I also like the really small brush. It gets every single lash. The only problem is the brush does clump big time. So make sure you declump the brush before applying.

Fast Fix Eyeshadow Base - I was hoping this could replace UDPP or Shadow Insurance. Sadly this won't replace them. Its a good base but the shadow only lasted for about 6-8 hours. It is still pretty good but after 8 hours you'll start noticing some creasing action.

Overall I think the products are higher quality compared to other drugstore brands. They are a little pricier too. But make sure to watch out for BOGO sales! I also saw $2 off coupon at CVS last week so grab those coupons so you can save some money! Best of all I like that all of the products are Paraben free!! You don't want to risk getting breast cancer.

Hope this review helps!

MACLovin

I am in love with this lipstick... the shade is called Plum Shimmer, and it's gorgeous! I also have Sunbeam (i think its called) and Champagne Rose.. they are all really pigmented and pretty.

JennsJewelz

I'm so excited - I was looking for these products everywhere! I heard that the spray foundation was good, and I've been looking for a replacement for my MAC Studio Mist for ages. I haven't tried anything yet, but I just picked up the Airbrush Spray Makeup in Light, the Luminizing Face Primer, and the Forever Stay Moisture Gloss in Pink Blush.

I'm Canadian, and I picked mine up at the Shopper's Drug Mart by Spadina and Bloor - it's the first time I've seen these products anywhere in Canada, so they must have just come in! :)

JennsJewelz

Well, I've tested out all of these products, and I'm sad to say I'll be returning them. The spray foundation only comes in 5 or 6 shades, so the lightest shade I available is the only one that's even close to my skin tone, but it was much too yellow-based. It also only provides very sheer coverage, and I was hoping for medium coverage.

The luminizing primer is nice, but not fantastic - there are also tonnes of glitter/sparkle particles in it, which ended up being stuck to my face even after washing! It goes on nice and smoothly and feels moisturizing (almost like a serum that dries to a primer finish), but the pump dispenses way too much product.

Finally, the lip gloss was OK - pretty, but very sheer, and the candied fruit flavour was a little bit overwhelming. Normally it wouldn't bother me too much, but I've already got so many of these types of glosses that I can't reason out keeping this one. *sighs*

I was SO looking forward to all of this, but I guess it's just money saved for me!

Fluffyloo

I'm not wild about the eyeshadow quads...not very pigmented. The cream blushes are also a bit difficult to blend.