Save on Revlon, Buy Jordana!

Dreamergirl3

If you're looking for a new liquid liner from the drugstore, especially Walgreens, disregard Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen!

I bought the Revlon one early March and it worked pretty well, not as good as I expected though. But the felt tip made application a breeze. I paid around 8 dollars for it.

Fast forward a few weeks. Couldn't find my Revlon pen, so I bought a cheapie 1.99 one from Jordana.

It looked a LOT like my Revlon one. I eventually found it and compared the two. Seriously, they are the EXACT same thing. I must have done a zillion swatches on my hand to look for a difference in color/formula but came up with nothing.

Turns out they're both made in Italy. I'm seriously certain they are the same thing. I even tested the wear and it was the same. I then made two swatches on my hand, let them dry for a few hours and put my hand under water. I LIGHTLY, very lightly dragged my finger across them and they both bled. So much for ColorStay huh.

Pass on the ColorStay and get the same thing with Jordana Fabuliner for $1.99! It is a good liner though and for the price it's even better. I can't believe I paid almost ten bucks for the Revlon one. If I could only find the receipt!

HustleRose

funny, i bought a jordana lipliner today at walgreens for 89$. if there is one thing i will not spend 14$ on - it's lipliner. i think its the only makeup product i cannot spend a lot of money on.

jordana is a decent brand.

Dreamergirl3

^yea, Jordana is a really decent brand! The lipliner I'm currently in love with is some off brand from Sallys, at 99 cents. Lip liners and pencil eye liners are something I refuse to splurge on (unless it's some crazy awesome color).

I wanted to add that it's strictly the "liquid eye pen." I know of another ColorStay liner that apparently is really good, but stay away from the liquid eye pen!

nichollecaren

Incidentally, Jordanna and Milani are from the same manufacturer, just like Black Opal and Iman are also from the same company --- Just some trivia
smiles.gif

BBJay

I'll have to check that out next time I'm in Walgreens. I've been looking for a liquid liner to play with.

Edit: I bought it and I absolutely frickin love it. I haven't touched my cream/gel liners in weeks. Its super easy to apply.

pink_lily82

I've been using the Jordana Fabuliner in 01 black and love it! I don't have any problems with it drying out and I've had it for a couple of months now. Application is easy and it does a pretty good job of staying put. I think it's a great way for beginners to get oriented with liquid liner pens.

pumpkincat210

I have a regular teal/turquoise jordana pencil eyeliner and it is wonderful. It goes on smooth and stays put, well worth it.

MelmoK

I've recently discovered the Jordana products and have been really pleased with them. I also love their lip glosses.

MACLovin

I tried this and returned it, I had a bad reaction. could have just been me, but even from swatching it on my hand, where i put it was red and irritated so there was no way it was going near my eyes!! but i guess it works for some..