Saying goodbye to cosmetics....

MAC_Pixie04

*Tear* yes, you've read correctly. I am bidding a fond and grateful farewell to my job in cosmetics and embarking on a completely different industry. So far the transition has been good but it still feels so weird to be "new" somewhere. I've spent the last two and a half years working for two Sephora locations and I'm going from being seasoned in an environment and industry that I'm extremely comfortable and knowledgable in to a new job where I'm brand new to the industry and haven't got all the answers. It's sad and so weird!

Has anyone made any similar transition? Just want to hear your thoughts/experiences. I really really like my new job and it's going to provide a lot of better opportunities for me in the long run, and I know I'm especially lucky to find a job with these kinds of benefits, especially in this economy!

But I'm sad lol I'll miss Sephora. I'm gonna miss knowing all the new shit and behind the scenes fun stuff.

moopoint

Awww Congrats on the move!

It's hard to leave a job you love, but if the long-term benefits are greater, you'd be crazy not to jump.

Recently I jumped ship too. I went from a job I loved, and committed myself to for 3 years (selling shoes!) and moved to a job that paid more and was in my field. I am studying in the mental health field and recently landed a job at a mental health facility. It is hard being new, and being the burden for others to train, but hey, everyone was new at one time. People understand.

I applaud your brave move, you did the right thing. Before you know it, you are going to be all-knowing in your new industry. You'll enjoy having experience in many areas of life.

You are fortunate for loving the place you are leaving, some people hate their jobs but stay because they are scared of change. Being bold never goes out of style!

Best wishes
bigheart.gif

DirtyPlum

what made you move if you dont mind me asking?

would you consider freelancing on the side or does your new career take up too much time?

I have transitioned (semi) the other way... from IT to working for MAC and still do both. Right now, I cant see myself leaving MU but then I only do it one day a week so maybe its not so intense?