Scandalous Cosmetics?

kuuipo1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
I noticed the same thing, as well as her re-applying the primers and shadow over the shadow already on her hand, probably in the same manner that she did her little slight of hand on camera. So, I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Starlicious*~
This is nice and I love her MU. However, it looks like she didn't put on as much product w/ the other 2 (UDPP & MAC). Look at it again.

I wish them the best of luck and I'll probably order something. However, cut all negativity out and let the product speak for itself.

I noticed about the reapplying too, and about how she didn't seem to put as much e/s on the other primers as she did on the Scandalous one. How scandalous?!?! Lousy pun, I know. The little conspiracy theorist in me wonders if she had to "redo the video" because she got just as much color payback with the other two (especially UDPP) and therefore, wouldn't prove how much better their primer is.

Either way, I'll probably buy a couple of products to feed my curiosity and go from there...

Asphyxia

The fact that I could still see the pink dot on the retake, shows how hard it may be to completely remove their eyeshadows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
Using a pure white base is of course going to make the colour come out more vibrant than if you were to use a glitter-loaded, beige cream shadow or the "translucent" product of the UDPP.
shrugs.gif

Exactly. I always thought UDPP was designed to support the longevity of the eyeshadow, not the vibrancy.

I may consider purchasing their primer or try making it myself.

rt66chix

I cant help but weigh in on this. Did anyone watch how she switched to a different finger when applying shadow to the MAC and UDPP swatches? It seemed like she loaded up the shadow for her own product line and then switched to a finger and dabbed lightly for the others. If a non-biased person were doing this test, they'd use a real brush and assure that they had the same buildup on product each time.
I dont buy the hype, and the fact that her hand was already stained from the prior application is a concern for me, especially noting that she already had a primer on there which is supposed (in addition to amplifying color and wear time) be a neutral layer between the shadow and your actual delicate eye skin. Also, red dye is one of the more common skin allergens and I cant imagine what their red based shadows would do to someone who is allergic to red.
Their negative methods just leave a bad taste in my mouth and it just cheapens the customer experience for me.

darkbeauty27

I just get annoyed at how many Scandalous "promoters" like to pop up on other websites and a little on this site too. It's obvious they work for the company (or own it) and are trying to act like they are just customers. If they said that they work for the company that would be fine, but most, if not all, don't say that.

widdershins

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbeauty27
I just get annoyed at how many Scandalous "promoters" like to pop up on other websites and a little on this site too. It's obvious they work for the company (or own it) and are trying to act like they are just customers. If they said that they work for the company that would be fine, but most, if not all, don't say that.

Yes! It seriously freaks me out :p I wonder if they have a little army of people just reading websites for any mention of Scandalous. And why are they selling it on ebay? Wouldn't it be more professional to have a website devoted to just their cosmetics? (Not that ebay isn't professional! I love me some ebay
smiles.gif
)

rt66chix

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins
And why are they selling it on ebay? Wouldn't it be more professional to have a website devoted to just their cosmetics? (Not that ebay isn't professional! I love me some ebay
smiles.gif
)

They've got very little capital, as in $$$. Its a startup operation and that explains inconsistency in stock levels, not having an actual storefront or website, and guerrilla-style advertising (as in the balloons and bumper stickers and "promoters" on various websites
thmbdn.gif
). I think one of their goons was trying to hunt down someone who knows how to make websites in an earlier post in this thread. As for the ebay thing, it takes practically no capital funds to open sell a product on ebay, whereas a real, operational website would require money to pay a programmer, designer, servers and storage, etc...not to mention that if you're a legit business, you have to have a business license and pay taxe$$.
The funny thing is, I wonder who's sitting there cooking up those batches of primer that are supposed to be the best thing on earth according to the earlier post.

darkbeauty27

Well they finally got one item up on ebay:

Scandalous Shadow Base - eBay (item 170287757977 end time Dec-20-08 19:17:21 PST)

But that's the only item they are selling.

It's amusing that in her tags for her YouTube videos she has the word MAC in there so much, especially since this company seems to be so against MAC:

"mac cosmetics mac scandalous cosmetics makeup make up make-up tutorial haul eyeshadows eyeshadow eye shadow blending blend foundation powder primer base shadow base mac mac mac mac mac lipgel lipstick lip gel eyebrow brow pigment loose powder mac mac mac MAC mac mac mac mac mac mac mac eyeshadow eyeshadow eyeshadow"

lol!

And who reviews their OWN brush set?

YouTube - SCANDALOUS BRUSH SET REVIEWED BY PRISCILLA

Ok I'm done now.
smiles.gif

rt66chix

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbeauty27
It's amusing that in her tags for her YouTube videos she has the word MAC in there so much, especially since this company seems to be so against MAC:

"mac cosmetics mac scandalous cosmetics makeup make up make-up tutorial haul eyeshadows eyeshadow eye shadow blending blend foundation powder primer base shadow base mac mac mac mac mac lipgel lipstick lip gel eyebrow brow pigment loose powder mac mac mac MAC mac mac mac mac mac mac mac eyeshadow eyeshadow eyeshadow"

TOTALLY noticed that on the youtube tags. you took the words right outta my mouth
greengrin.gif

.k.

how do we know she owns the cosmetic line? Im just a wee bit curious to TRY it out...hmmm

malteze_bubbleg

i guess noone will know until they try it out themselves!!!or maybe if we some other reviews from other reviews than we might can conclude something.

i like how pigmented her eyeshadows are that she put on her makeup videos.....i wouldnt mind trying some out....

pinkkvintage

how random... ok i dont know if anyone sees my FOTDs but whenever i use a pink i always use this one pink that i never know the name of and its freakishly bright... well after seeing that video on the primer i now know that it IS a scandalous eyeshadow... and i gotta be honest it is BRIGHT like scary tranny fierce bright i love it... it is hard to blend without a primer but with it is AMAZING

and yes it does stain your lids

glitterbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by .k.
how do we know she owns the cosmetic line? Im just a wee bit curious to TRY it out...hmmm

i know this for a fact because i've met her(and she told me) & i have talked to other scandalous artists b4 at the kiosk where it was confirmed. and she also states it on her personal myspace profile.
so to me the fact that she does "tutorials" & Reviews on this cosmetic line on youtube as if she were any average consumer is so ridiculous. i mean why can't she be like" hi im the ceo of this new makeup line and i want to share my products with u."? i think that approach is more endearing and believable. instead she's trying to fool people. it all seems so shady.
thmbdn.gif
nonono.gif

jaclynashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterbaby
i know this for a fact because i've met her(and she told me) & i have talked to other scandalous artists b4 at the kiosk where it was confirmed. and she also states it on her personal myspace profile.
so to me the fact that she does "tutorials" & Reviews on this cosmetic line on youtube as if she were any average consumer is so ridiculous. i mean why can't she be like" hi im the ceo of this new makeup line and i want to share my products with u."? i think that approach is more endearing and believable. instead she's trying to fool people. it all seems so shady.
thmbdn.gif
nonono.gif

I agree.
Hopefully they'll come to Las Vegas so I can try them.
But if I see one stain on my eyelid I'm not going to purchase anything else.
I don't need a hot pink stained eyelid when I'm trying to wear neutral colors.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterbaby
thmbdn.gif
nonono.gif

I agree. I've subbed to her vids because I think they are so colorful, but if she's the owner she should state that. That's a bit silly, and makes me not trust the brand at all...shady stuff.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt66chix
They've got very little capital, as in $$$. Its a startup operation and that explains inconsistency in stock levels, not having an actual storefront or website, and guerrilla-style advertising (as in the balloons and bumper stickers and "promoters" on various websites
thmbdn.gif
). I think one of their goons was trying to hunt down someone who knows how to make websites in an earlier post in this thread. As for the ebay thing, it takes practically no capital funds to open sell a product on ebay, whereas a real, operational website would require money to pay a programmer, designer, servers and storage, etc...not to mention that if you're a legit business, you have to have a business license and pay taxe$$.
The funny thing is, I wonder who's sitting there cooking up those batches of primer that are supposed to be the best thing on earth according to the earlier post.

There are a lot of cheap alternatives to creating a retail webstore with paying a lot for a programmer, designer, server, storage, etc.

For example, both verizon and comcast include webspace and "website wizards" with their regular monthly internet plans. You can have a storefront website with carts/checkout/etc (or even just an informational website) setup in less than a day without a need for a designer, programmmer, server, etc. And from my own research, there are many other independent ways to do this through other companies just as inexpensively. In the end, it is possible that these alternatives will actually work out to cost less than paying the ebay fees.

Will it be as clean and polished looking as MACs? No, but it will IMHO give you more credibility and professionalism than selling solely on ebay.

I am sorry, but (again IMHO) selling solely on ebay does to many "cheapen" your brand.

And the ebay listing does also direct you to the myspace and youtube spaces, but I agree every video should start with that disclosure. It changes the potential bias when the "reviewer" telling you how much better the scandalous base is than MAC/UDPP is also the owner of Scandalous cosmetics.

As an aside, can anyone tell me how much the base costs when purchased at a kiosk? I was also expecting that if the company was using ebay as a way to legitimately sell items, then they would just be listed at Buy It Now prices, not in auction format where people without access may end spending more than the normal retail cost. I think if the company is willing (or trying) to sell these items to consumers for more than retail cost then it is another mark against them. It is one thing to pay a regular ebayer more than retail, but for the company to do that is poor business to me.

spacegirl2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
I was also expecting that if the company was using ebay as a way to legitimately sell items, then they would just be listed at Buy It Now prices, not in auction format where people without access may end spending more than the normal retail cost. I think if the company is willing (or trying) to sell these items to consumers for more than retail cost then it is another mark against them. It is one thing to pay a regular ebayer more than retail, but for the company to do that is poor business to me.

i wholeheartedly agree with this!!
i was expecting to go to the ebay "auction" and have a Buy It Now with a high Quantity Available. not a traditional auction that's already been bid up higher than what the retail price probably is. it just seems weird to me...and this is already a viable business with three retail locations, right? so they have to have some kind of business sense....i would think...

IDontKnowMomo

Hmm, I'd still like to try out the products.
Even if their marketing is "shady" or whatever, the products look nice, and that's all that really matters to me.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo
Hmm, I'd still like to try out the products.
Even if their marketing is "shady" or whatever, the products look nice, and that's all that really matters to me.

I want to try them out, also, but I'm not impressed by a company that will sell their products to consumers at inflated prices (by using the auction vs. buy it now feature.) I personally find the idea of a company selling their own items above retail cost is a bit of a poor business practice (i.e. shady) to me as a consumer. It just makes me think that you don't really want people to try your products and create repeat customers as much as you want to make a quick buck off anyone who is willing to pay more than retail.

I think if they had put the shadow base out on ebay as a buy it now at the regular retail price with several available, many people here on specktra would be buying it to try it out.

astronaut

I wanted the eyeshadow primer, but it looks similar to the one sold at TKB trading, so I think I'll get those instead.

a85e_1.JPG

P1030915.jpg

I'm not sure if they are exactly the same though since one has more product than the other.

I want to give Scandalous Cosmetics the benefit of the doubt and won't be overly skeptical. Pricilla doesn't seem like a very tech savvy person since she didn't even know that her computer had a webcam the whole time and she incorrectly uses the word "haul". So maybe she doesn't know how to list Buy it Now auctions?

Quote:
Scandalous Cosmetics is new to Ebay! we are currently selling our Shadow Base for $13.00 plus $3.00 for shipping&hdlg.We are having some difficulties trying to set it as fixed price.

I just think she doesn't know what she's doing rather than being intentionally shady. She is a small business owner so I don't expect her to be as resourceful as a company owned by Estee Lauder.

I don't see anything wrong with her using MAC as a youtube tag either. Since Scandalous is a cosmetic company that has a similar style to MAC, it makes sense to try to attract consumers of MAC.

As for not coming out as the owner of the business... well, I don't know about that.

Latest posts